Chapter 1 - Three, Two, One

What's the most anticlimactic moment of your life? Mine was the start of my second life.

Remember how excited I had been to reincarnate in a fantasy world?

Yeah, I had been living in this world for two months now, and it's been, well, anticlimactic.

First of all, not-God dropped me here with no money or even a place to stay, which meant I had to work a bunch of low paying part time jobs just to be able to rent out a room at an inn and buy food.

Secondly, and this was maybe kinda my own fault for overlooking it, this world had no digital entertainment, so my old hobbies of gaming and watching anime were impossible here.

Electricity wasn't a thing here, which meant no air conditioning or fluorescent lights.

Instead, there were oil lamps and mechanical fans that you had to wind up by hand for about ten minutes, and then it would spin for about an hour before needing to be winded up again. There were other options for light and cooling, but they were way too expensive for me to even consider.

Thankfully, along with mechanics, plumbing existed in this world, so the toilets weren't too much worse from my old world.

Oh, and third, not-God had dropped me in the weakest country in this world. In fact, he had dropped me right OUTSIDE it, forcing me to wait till nightfall and scale up the walls to sneak into the country. Thankfully, I'd been dropped here with clothes on my body, sneaking into a country naked would have been...not good.

And by weakest, I mean that it had the weakest Adventurers on average, as well as the least profitable overall surrounding available resources, meaning the country was economically less developed than the others, and the results of those factors are that none of the other countries bothered forming alliances with the country I'm in.

If any of them felt like invading and taking over this place, they'd be able to do so with relatively minimal effort. From strongest to weakest, the five countries were called Platinberg, Goldway, Silvland, Bronztan and finally, where I was, the Rustlands. Yeah, literally Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Rust. And I was in Rust.

The only reason this country still had its independence was probably because the other countries had figured that the lower value resources surrounding it weren't worth taking the trouble to invade it.

I learnt all that within the first two days of coming here. Maybe I should have been a bit more specific when I asked for a world that wasn't boring.

So, in order to distract myself from all that overwhelming negative, I decided to sneak out of the country walls to test out my new magic and fighting abilities, although I couldn't afford a proper weapon at the time, so I just borrowed a kitchen knife from one of the part-time jobs I'd been working.

I had to wait till night to sneak out since I didn't want to be seen, and I didn't know the country well enough yet to know where I'd be able to practice in peace within the walls.

After sneaking out, I came across a rocky area with a large cave entrance and a long road leading away from the country.

I had a bit of fun as I cut down some small, green monsters that I assumed were Goblins, and it took me a while to get the hang of my Lightning Magic, but once I did, boy did I have a blast electrocuting those suckers.

After three years of getting zapped, it sure felt good to be the one doing the zapping!

Unfortunately, I was enjoying myself so much that I kinda went overboard and used up all my Mana, which is what you call magical energy in this world. It fully restores itself after a few hours, but if you use it all up, it'll feel like you're completely out of stamina until a bit of Mana is replenished.