Chapter 4 - The Goblin Maze(Part 1)

Huh?

Actually, whatever had just landed on me wasn't that heavy.

It certainly made an impact, and definitely broke a bunch of my ribs, one of which was sticking out of body, but it hadn't crushed me flat. Okay, so it wasn't a rock.

So, what was it? I reached up to lift it off of me, and touched something smooth and soft. Also, it smelt kinda nice.

Wait, what?

"Eek!"

No seriously, what?

It was way too dark to see, but I had figured out what happened. One of the others must have fallen on me. And based on the voice, it was one of the girls.

Oh right, I could illuminate my surroundings with a few sparks of lightning. I gathered Mana at my palm and formed a ball of electricity, intensifying it to increase the brightness. On top of me, was a dazed Cat Girl.

"Persia?"

"I-I'm so s-sorry!" She cried, hurriedly getting off me.

"Uh, no need to apologize. Dammit, the next time I see that bald cunt, I'll rip him to shreds," I groaned.

"Your injuries...oh my God, one of your bones is sticking out!"

"No worries, I'll be fine in a few minutes. On another note, I might owe you an apology. Where exactly did I touch you earlier?"

"Hmm? Oh, you mean when you grabbed my shoulders earlier? N-no, that's fine, I k-know you couldn't see anything."

That's a relief, I almost had a heart attack when she said the word 'grabbed'.

My lightning orb faded as I focused more on healing myself as fast as I could.

"I'll spark up some light in a second," I said, as the darkness returned.

"Oh, um...actually, I can see fairly well in the dark. Your healing ability is incredible by the way, I've never seen anything like it. I've heard that rapid healing like that can only be done using some type of magic scroll or crystal, but I didn't see you use anything like that...can you heal yourself naturally?"

Huh, she was being a lot more talkative than before.

Although, a near death experience, and then witnessing someone healing their life-threatening injuries with no major effort was probably enough to forget to be shy.

"Yeah, my Healing Factor is a result of my Anima," I explained, standing up as the last of my injuries closed up.

"Huh, you don't seem to have any physical mutations, so I assumed your Anima wasn't very strong. What animal is it?"

"A type of jellyfish known as the immortal jellyfish. As for the physical mutations, it's my hair," I replied, lighting up another ball of electricity.

"Oh, I see...it is kinda see-through."

Our conversation was suddenly cut short as we heard a patter of multiple footsteps heading our way. They sounded too light to be human, which meant they had to be Goblins. I quickly scanned our surroundings.

The upper level was way too high to climb up to, and at any rate, the walls of the maze were far too smooth to scale up.

I drew my dagger and tried wedging it into the wall. No good, this wasn't any ordinary rock, I couldn't pierce through it. The walls were also quite tall, which meant we couldn't jump over them, even if one person was boosted by the other.

The others had probably fallen somewhere else inside this maze. This was bad, even if we could handle all the Goblins down here, which was a big if, it'd be pointless if we couldn't find our way out of this maze. They'd just respawn while we were running around blindly.