Chapter 33 - An Old Fantasy Realized

"N-no, this can't be-!" Cried the woman, stumbling back in fear, cutting off as I slipped behind her and slashed the back of her heels to prevent her from running away.

Not that she could escape me even if I hadn't done that. I squatted down in front of her and smirked at her shell-shocked expression.

Oh, this had been my biggest and most desired fantasy for three straight years...turning the tables against a captor. In my old life, during my three years of torture as a lab rat, I spent most of my time dreaming and fantasizing about flipping the odds against my captors, while counting the days to keep my sanity intact.

Of course, it never happened and I eventually died in that lab, but now...I was finally experiencing that fantasy.

And it felt fucking cathartic.

"Well...how the tables have turned. Heh, this feels amazing," I sighed contentedly, before standing up and heading back towards the others.

They had all been left in awkward positions after being beaten up by that Wiut guy, the least I could do was straighten them out a bit.

"This is going to hurt for a bit, so just bear with me, okay?"

I started with Vi, slowly and carefully adjusting her position till she was laying on her back, with her arms by her side. After wiping off the blood on her face and stopping her nose from bleeding, I moved on to Instructor Trocuelo and did the same, followed by Gela, whom I was a bit less careful with.

Petty, I know.

But hey, she seemed to enjoy it in her own weird masochistic way, so whatever.

"Now then...what to do with you?"

She remained silent, her expression hard to read. It was a mixture of anger, regret and frustration, with a hint of fear.

So...what should I do?

I didn't really care about getting any further information about the Magic Research Group from her right now, I had already gotten plenty after all, right now I just need to find a way out as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we couldn't leave right away, I had to wait till the effects of the toxin wore off for the others. I suppose I could just abandon them, but...I didn't want to.

The old me probably would have done so without a second thought, all I really knew back then was how to kill people.

"Well...I guess saving people doesn't feel too bad, either," I muttered to myself with a small smile.

"Wh-what?"

"Hm? Oh, just talking to myself, nothing for you to concern yourself over. So hey, I just got a brilliant idea. Have you ever heard the phrase 'get a taste of your own medicine'? You can probably guess where I'm going with this. This is the stuff you injected into us, right?" I inquired with a smirk, picking up the bottle filled with purple liquid.

She had used about a third of it on us.

"So, here's the deal. Your boss or whatever took away your teleport scrolls, so tell me how to get out of this cave, or I'll inject all, and I do mean ALL, the remaining contents of this bottle into your body."

"N-no! Don't do that!"

"Then talk."

"...I don't know. A-all I know is that it's within teleportation range of the area where we ambushed you all, but I h-have no idea how to get here without teleporting, I really don't! This spot is closed off from the rest of this labyrinth-like cave using monster-warding barriers, taking them down would lead to this spot being swarmed by the monsters, that's why we use teleportation scrolls to get here. That's all I know, I swear!"