Chapter 38 - Goldway(Part 4)

The first match ended with Ekai's victory, a battle of attrition that eventually ended with his opponent being overwhelmed.

The second match then began, Misen taking on Goldway's second-placed A-Ranked Adventurer, a Water Magic user with spotted fur-covered arms...I'm guessing snow leopard Anima.

Since ten of the sixteen S-Ranks were still away tending to the damaged road and piles of corpses, Goldway's roster for these exhibition matches consisted of the remaining six S-Ranks and the top two A-Ranks.

They had seriously selected their best available options to take us on.

The rest of their Adventurers were on guard outside the stadium, as well as spread out in the districts. So long as none of them were traitors, slipping past that much security won't be easy.

The second match began.

Misen dominated the fight with his Lightning Boost overpowering his opponent, who was adept with ice magic but was too slow to hit Misen.

He slumped to his knees as Misen rushed in for the final blow, but right as he reached him...sharp icicles rapidly popped up around him, a spiky, defensive wall surrounding him.

Misen was too close to stop or dodge, and ran right onto an icicle, the barrier teleporting him out right before he got skewered.

Wow...talk about careless.

His opponent was impressive though, he had pretended to have given up and then drew his opponent, who was much faster than him, into a trap.

It was a pretty similar tactic to the way I had almost won my encounter with Misen in the Brawl of Glory, which the scars on his right shoulder and right side of his neck constantly reminded me of.

Misen re-entered the waiting area as Fuo headed out for the third match.

"You sure do seem to prematurely drop your guard a lot, huh?" I greeted him, mimicking his smirk.

Childish, I know...but I don't care.

He clicked his tongue in irritation but didn't respond.

For the third match, Fuo was taking on the fifteenth placed S-Ranked Adventurer, an Earth Magic user. He was a skinny guy in his mid-twenties, with a shaved head and bear paws for hands. It was a pretty glaring contrast, the guy was as thin as a twig but his hands were beefy AF.

The fight began, and it proved to be an intense one. Fuo used Skate and her rapid-fire ice arrows while her opponent used Slide to match her speed, along with Earth Levitation to block her arrows as well as fire his own projectile attacks.

They were pretty evenly matched, neither of them letting up nor allowing the other any room to breathe. The first person to slip up would lose.

It happened soon, as Fuo began to run out of Mana and failed to avoid her opponent's rock projectiles as she was unable to attack or counter using ice arrows. Oh, right...despite her immense skills with Ice Magic, her Mana capacity was a fair way below average.

The crowd cheered voraciously as the barrier was taken down so that the next pair could enter the arena, that had been a seriously close battle.

Fuo looked pretty displeased at losing, and was covered in dirt, but her opponent was far from unscathed too, more than a couple of Fuo's arrows had grazed him, he had cuts across his sides and arms. Considering that he was an S-Ranked Adventurer, that wasn't a bad result.

Next up was Vi, facing their thirteenth placed S-Ranked Adventurer, a burly guy with a thick beard and large hammer as a weapon. I didn't get the chance to see what his Elemental Magic type was, since Vi went for the element of surprise and struck with her full power kick as soon as the fight began, ending the bout in less than a second.