Chapter 18 - The Brawl Of Glory: Round Two(Part 2)

"Alright, I'm up next! I'm all fired up, gonna give it my all! Wish me luck!" Proclaimed Vi, as she headed out.

"Uh, good luck, Miss Lou- er, I mean, Vi," Replied Persia awkwardly.

"Her opponent is totally screwed," I remarked, as both fighters made their way to the arena.

Suddenly, I felt an ominous presence approaching.

"We're gonna be up next to fight, finally! I can't wait to make you scream out in agony, it's all I've been thinking about since we last fought," Smirked Gela, walking over next to me.

What did I do to deserve this?

"Uh...I have no idea how to respond to that. Seriously, I'm hardly worth obsessing over, you crazy-."

"Oh, but you are. I could feel it when I fought you. You were restraining yourself in our last fight, but during the final exchange of blows, you let something slip out for a tiny moment, and right then, it felt like you wanted to kill me, without a shred of hesitation. I'd never felt anything like it. That's when I knew I had to fight you again! That feeling was terrifying, yet intoxicating. I want to feel it again, as well as to make you feel more pain than you've ever felt in your life! Our fight will be beginning soon. Make sure to give me everything you've got."

And with that, she walked away, as the fifth match began. Had she been talking about bloodlust...I'm pretty sure I didn't enter Bloodlust Mode in that fight though.

"You sure are popular today, aren't you?" Said Persia, raising an eyebrow.

"...leave me alone," I sighed in reply.

Did I really let my bloodlust slip out during that fight?

...wait, that's right. When I noticed her left hand, or rather, talon swiping up towards my arm, I might have lost my cool just a bit, forgotten about the rules, returned to my base assassin instincts, and added more intensity to my lightning blast than I had initially intended to.

But that had all happened in an instant, yet she had still been able to sense it?

I had assumed that I was the only one, at least among the first years, who could sense bloodlust, after all it had taken years of assassinations, practice and trial & error before I could properly sense and identify it.

Persia probably couldn't because her killings had been done for self defense and survival reasons. Gela didn't seem like she had any experience with killing, but she definitely had a strong infatuation with inflicting pain and torture, so I guess it was possible that she'd be able to identify feelings like murderous intent.

Wait, she also said that it was intoxicating when she felt my bloodlust...was she a sadist or a masochist?

Both?

Ugh, forget it, I'll just avoid her after our upcoming fight. I was starting to get a headache just by thinking about that freaky girl, let's focus on the current match instead, it had just begun.

It didn't last very long, as Vi went all out just like she'd said she would. It went pretty much the exact same way that her round one match did, over with a single kick. This time though, she cracked the barrier a lot more than in her previous match.

Gela had rushed out of the waiting room and towards the arena immediately after the fight ended.

"Well, guess I should go too. It's weird, I'm looking forward to this fight and dreading it at the same time, but not because I'm afraid of losing. That girl just creeps me out," I sighed, as I began heading out.

"You'd better win. Um...good luck," Said Persia, a bit awkwardly.

"Right! I don't plan on losing this early in the game."