Chapter 10 - The Mock Tournament(Part 2)

"Well, the only one of us left who hadn't fought yet is you, Az. Get us another win!" Said Rai enthusiastically.

"Please don't shorten my name, I don't like it. There's no rule stating that all of us have to participate. Besides, he's a bad match-up for me. You take him on," Deflected Azyl, looking like he really didn't want to take part in this.

"Aw come on, don't be like that-," Began Rai.

"Don't bother, he's already made up his mind. There's no convincing him when he gets like this. If you force him to go, he'll probably just surrender before the fight can even start or something," Interrupted Key, sighing in exasperation.

"Well...alright, I guess. Then...mind if I take this fight, guys?" He asked, turning to the rest of us.

"Sure go ahead, knock yourself out," I replied, none of the others objected either.

"Well...if you guys insist, then I guess I don't have a choice!"

We didn't insist, but whatever.

He walked up to the middle and got ready as the fight was about to begin. His body began glowing and sparks began crackling from him...

"Begin!"

Tuck slid forward rapidly, as Rai boosted his own speed and charged forward as well. As they neared each other, Tuck attacked with two rising columns on either side of Rai, who jumped and landed on top of them, using them as a stepping stone to get closer to Tuck. He pushed himself off the column with his foot and flung a lightning infused punch towards Tuck.

Before he could connect, Tuck slid away to the left, just barely avoiding getting hit. It almost looked like he was ice-skating on the earth, except that he could move in any direction at that speed without any initial momentum, even while standing still.

As soon as he was clear, he raised another rock pillar towards Rai, who used his hand to deflect himself off the column, but wasn't able to avoid taking a hit on his arm in the process. They both shot forward at each other again as they regained their balance, Tuck using his earth columns to attack Rai as well as to block his strikes, while Rai fired bolts of lightning at him from his hands and used his feet to run zigzags and avoid the rising pillars.

In terms of offense, they were pretty evenly matched.

But Tuck had better defense, he was able to block all of Rai's lightning strikes, while Rai kept getting grazed and taking minor hits from the pillars that were popping up around him. Plus Rai didn't seem to be able to fire effective long-range lightning blasts, he only fired at mid and close range.

After they kept up this exchange for a while, Rai broke away and sped around Tuck till he was behind him, a large blast of lightning forming in his mouth. He hadn't taken any major hits, but all those grazes and brushes had begun to add up, he wasn't exactly injured, but he was definitely frustrated.

As he began to fire the bolt, Tuck spun around to face him and rapidly slid himself forward instead of trying to dodge. With a short gap between them, Rai fired the lightning bolt. In response, Tuck raised a straight pillar right in front of himself to block the blast, and from the base of the pillar, he shot out another pillar, at a tilted angle, which slammed into Rai right at his center, knocking him back quite a long way. When he'd fired from his mouth, he had to stop streaming lightning through his body, which set aside the speed he would have needed to dodge that last attack.

"C wins."

As Rai struggled to get up after that hit, Tuck found himself down on one knee. That last lightning blast had burst through his pillar, and although it had absorbed much of the impact, a decent amount of lightning had still made it through to zap Tuck on the shoulder. His skin was slightly scorched at the impact point.