Chapter 11 - The Appearance Of A New Enemy

"So, uh...he's probably related to the guy we ran into in the cave, isn't he?" Asked Rai nervously.

"Hey, Key...when you reported what had happened to the Academy, how did they respond?" I inquired curiously.

"Oh, right. I was meaning to tell you all, but I kept forgetting to. I reported everything that happened, although I might have panicked a bit towards the end and lied that we killed him purely in self defense," She replied sheepishly.

"That's probably for the best, besides it's at least half true since he attacked us first. So, how did they respond after that?" Asked Persia.

"Well, they said they would have to inform the Ragiu family about what had happened. But they also said that without solid proof, it's unlikely that they'll be able to take any action, either against them or against us, especially since finding the corpse would be near impossible. They also told me not to tell anyone else what had happened, I already told you all that part."

"Oh yeah you did, totally forgot about that. If they had a skilled Adventurer with Water Magic, wouldn't they be able to navigate the maze like Azyl did and find the body?" I asked.

"Wait, you guys haven't told anyone about it, have you? And no, navigating the maze isn't the problem.  Human corpses are usually scavenged by the Goblins, they probably get eaten or something, a dead body would disappear pretty quickly in that maze."

"Well, there's no point worrying about it now. We'll see what this guy wants after we're done with this tournament," I shrugged.

The fight had already begun, with Tuck on the back foot. All he could do was evade and block his brother's relentless assaults, as he kept being driven further back. His defense was pretty solid, but his strength was attacking from a close range, and Arg had completely nullified that threat.

With spikes popping up all over the fighting area, Tuck didn't have much room to slide around using his earth magic, restricting his range of movement. As he began running out of space, he stopped evading and began moving forward, switching to normal running and jumping with no more room to slide around. A spike shot out towards him, he responded by making an uppercut motion, raising a pillar of his own to clash into it, breaking off the tip of the spike.

As the broken piece was airborne, he raised his hands with his palms pointing towards it, and got control of it in mid-air. He then swung his hand down rapidly, slinging the broken bit of earth towards his brother.

"Wait, you can do that with earth magic?" I inquired in surprise.

"Yes, it's a pretty difficult technique to master. Basic Earth Magic involves controlling and manipulating the shape and density of the earth below and around you. But some Adventurers with Earth Magic can levitate the rocks and earth they control, the most powerful ones can use that technique to create devastating attacks like artificial meteor showers," Explained Key.

As the broken spike was thrown, it became clear why Tuck hadn't used that technique till now. It flew wide to the left of Arg, completely missing him. He hadn't yet mastered the technique, his control and aim were way off, and had probably only used it now out of desperation.

Not to mention his shoulder injury from his fight with Rai was almost certainly slowing down his reflexes.

"As always, you cannot hold a candle to me, dear brother. This fight is over," Smirked Arg, as he slammed a couple of blunt spikes into Tuck's back.

"A wins!"

That had been kinda anticlimactic, guess that explains Tuck's inferiority complex against his brother. It was now down to groups A and D.