CHAPTER 40 - BEFORE THE BATTLE

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Takemichi and Naoto went back to the latter's apartment. 

"The 'Bloody Halloween' fight ended in Toman's defeat. They lost because Manjiro Sano killed Hanemiya Kazutora and Kisaki plotted all this." 

"Mikey-kun killed Kazutora-kun because Kazutora-kun killed (F/N)-chan, Mikey-kun's best friend! In that case, I'll have to save (F/N)-chan! If I do that, I can stop Mikey from making a big mistake!" Takemichi-kun contiued.

"And you'll put a stop to Kisaki's plans! Protect (L/N) (F/N)! That's your last mission." Naoto said. "Ya. It's about time we settle this!" Takemichi yelled.

"'About time' huh? You say it like it's easy even though your mission will be difficult." Naoto said. "Hm?" Takemichi looked at him.

"You really are amazing! Do your best out there!" Naoto yelled. "Got it! Here I go, Naoto!" They both shook hands.

POV - HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI

When I shook hands with Naoto I went back in time. -Huh?- "Thanks for walking me home. Could you wait here for a second?" I heard Hina.

"Uh, sure." I said. Hina went inside her home while I waited for her. -Suddenly, Hina outta nowhere... Were we walking home from school?- 

Hina then came back outside and gave me a small bag. "Here, I got you a present." She said.

"Huh?" I looked at it. "I've been wanting to give you this." She said. "What's the occasion? Can I open it?" I asked. "Ya." She said.

I opened it and took it out. "Ah. This looks like the one I gave you." I said as I looked at it. It was a necklace. "We match now. Isn't that neat?" She asked.

I then remembered what Hina's mom told me from the future. I started to tear up. "What? You're moved to tears?" She asked. "WHAT!? I'm not crying!" I yelled.

"You really are a crybaby, Takemichi-kun." I smiled at Hina. "Thanks. I'll cherish this." I said. "Ok. You act mature sometimes." Hina stated. "I do?" I asked.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Somewhere else, Draken called Kazutora to meet up. "Why'd you call me out on a short notice, Draken?" Kazutora asked.

"Long time no see, Kazutora. This fight that's coming up. You wanna call it off? Whether you win or lose, I won't be happy. I don't get it, Kazutora. Why'd you hate Mikey? Mikey gave a good testimony for you, you know? You got out earlier thanks to that. How do you think he felt when..."

"Shut up. 2 years. 2 years of my life spent inside those walls. I'm no longer the same person I was back then." Kazutora cut Draken off.

"But I'm still your friend!" Draken yelled. "That's what I hate about you, Draken. Toman's getting crushed the day after tomorrow." Kazutora said.

POV - HANEMIYA KAZUTORA

"That's what I hate about you, Draken. Toman's getting crushed the day after tomorrow." What I mean is that I'm jealous that (F/N)-chan likes Draken. 

-I want her to like me! I don't want a friend that my crush likes.- I feel hurt that I have to fight (F/N)-chan since she's in Toman. 

"Mikey doesn't want this!" I ignored Draken and walked past him. -I'm sorry (F/N)-chan.- I thought.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Draken met up with Mikey. "Is there really no way going back? What would my big brother do?" He asked. "Who knows? Talk it over with your CB250T until you're satisfied." Draken joked.

Takemichi and Chifuyu were walking together. "It's almost time!" Takemichi yelled. The battle tomorrow is approaching fast.

Today is the day before the battle. Takemichi and Chifuyu are again, walking together somewhere. "It's finally happening tomorrow!" Takemichi yelled.

"Before that, I want you to come with me somewhere, Takemicchi." Chifuyu said. "Huh? To where?" Takemichi asked. 

Chifuyu leads them to where Baji is. "Sorry for calling you out here like this." Chifuyu said. "Baji-kun!" Takemichi yelled. "Chifuyu. You wanna get punched even more?" Baji asked. 

"Have you got a lead on Kisaki yet?" Chifuyu asked. "Huh?" Baji asked. "You're acting as a spy for Toman, right? I did some looking around myself and found that he's a pretty nasty guy. You don't have to stay in Valhalla anymore!" Chifuyu yelled.

"Huh? The hell are you saying?" Baji asked. "Tomorrow, if the fight starts, Baji-san, you'll become Toman's enemy for real!" He yelled. 

"Chifuyu, what have I told you over and over? Don't trust anybody but your friends. I'm a part of Valhalla now. We're gonna destroy Toman tomorrow!" Baji yelled.

"Chifuyu, can I have a word with Baji-kun alone please?" Takemichi asked. Chifuyu then left for the both of them to talk. "Look punk, I got no reason to talk to you one on one." Baji said.

"I have no idea what your goal is, Baji-kun. I don't really care actually." Takemichi started. 

"My goal is to kill Mikey like I said at the Valhalla hideout. He's my enemy. I'm killing him tomorrow. Go tell him that." Baji out him off.

Takemichi then went to go find Mikey. When he found Mikey, he was with (F/N). "Hey (F/N)?" Mikey called. "Ya, what's up?" She turned to him.

"I have a poop just for you, (F/N)." He said. "THE HELL!? HAHAHAHA!" She laughed hard. Takemichi then went to the 2 and explained everything. 

"I see. When we were kids, me, Baji, and (F/N) played in this jungle gym a lot. Me and Baji fought a lot but then we'd make up right after. But this time, he's really out for me." Mikey said. "Sorry I couldn't get him back." Takemichi bowed. 

"You did nothing wrong, Takemichi-kun. It's not your fault if Baji doesn't wanna back down. Baji turned against Toman. The fight's tomorrow. Toman's members have gone into battle mode." (F/N) said. "I've made up my mind." Mikey declared.

POV - HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI

-Mikey-kun has already made up his mind and decided that as the leader of Toman, he's got no choice but to take Baji-kun out.- I thought. 

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

-Mikey decided now so there's no turning back. I really don't want to fight Kei and Kazu-chan. But as one of Toman's leaders, I have too. I'm sorry Kei, Kazu-chan.- I thought.