CHAPTER 37 - VALHALLA

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

When Kazutora and Takemichi entered, the atmosphere changed. It was 100% different from Toman's. It was slightly dark and half of the people there were smoking. 

The deeper they went, the more crowded it got. They stopped at where everyone was crowding. In the middle was Baji but he was beating someone from Toman.

"Kazutora-kun, what's going on here?" Takemichi asked. "Huh? It's a test of faith." The said boy replied. "A test of faith?" Takemichi repeated.

"Of Baji's belief in our gang. Leaving Toman and going into Valhalla is like changing religions. So he needs to show us he's ready. The guy he's beating up is Toman's first division vice captain. Baji's most trusted retainer."

"The first division vice captain!?" Takemichi yelled. "Toman is Valhalla's enemy. If he's betraying his old 'God', Mikey, then he's gotta stomp his old belief." Kazutora said.

Baji stopped and looked at Hanma. "Well, Hanma-kun? For my invitation to Valhalla." The said. The 2 guys that were beside Hanma talked. 

"You're a real bastard. He was with you for a long time, right?" "I'm surprised you went that far." They said. "Shit, I didn't come here for a lecture." Baji rolled his eyes.

Hanma then called Kazutora. "KAZUTORA!" He shouted. "Ya?" Replied the said boy. "You ready?" He asked.  "Yup, this is..." Kazutora placed a hand behind Takemichi's back.

"Huh?" Takemichi was confused. "Hanagaki Takemichi. Toman's newest member." Kazutora finished. Hanma got closer to the 2 of them. 

"So, you're Hanagaki? Step forward." Demanded Hanma. Takemichi was pushed forward. Baji looked at him.

"It's you from before. You came here to be killed or what?" He asked. "WE WILL NOW SUMMON A WITNESS! ONE OF TOMAN'S FOUNDING MEMBER, FIRST DIVISION CAPTAIN, BAJI KEISUKE, CLAIMS HE WANTS TO ABANDON TOMAN AND ENTER VALHALLA!" 

People started to talk about if it was a good or bad idea. "Indeed! This is a serious matter! If Baji joins us, it will help us crush Toman but the problem is if he is a Toman spy. So Kazutora prepared us with a witness. I will call that witness forward. HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI!"

"Y-yes?" Takemichi replied to Hanma. "At the Toman gathering, what did Baji say in front of everyone?" He asked. "'I'm going to Valhalla. Toman is my enemy' is what he said." Takemichi stated.

It went silent. "What do you think, Kazutora?" Hanma asked. "Well we did the test of faith and summoned a witness. Don't you think it's enough? He'll be useful in fighting other gangs and he knows what's been happening since I've been in reform school. Even if Baji is a spy, it's still worth letting him into Valhalla."

Kazutora turned to Baji. "Right? We'll crush Toman and kill Mikey." He said. "Ya, I'll help you, Kazutora." Baji bowed. 

"ALL RIGHT! FROM TODAY AND FORWARD, BAJI KEISUKE IS OFFICIALLY A MEMBER OF VALHALLA!" Everyone started to get hyped.

POV - HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI

-Shit! My mission was to get Baji back! But at this rate, I'll never be able to do that!- "WAIT A MINUTE! BAJI-KUN, YOU HELPED FORM TOMAN ALONGSIDE MIKEY-KUN AND THE REST, RIGHT!? THEN WHY ARE YOU BETRAYING THEM!?" I yelled.

"Just because I'm a founding member doesn't mean I can't betray them. What a joke. That guy's one of the founding members too." Baji said.

Baji-kun pointed to Kazutora-kun. "Huh?" I was confused but thought back to the photo in the charm I found. -The 6th guy in the photo. That was Kazutora-kun! 

"Kazutora resented Toman. I can never forget. In 2003, the summer of our first year of middle school. We ran wild." Baji contiued.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Baji then explained what happened during the summer of 2003. In summary, (Because I'm lazy. : P) during the time Toman was created, the founding members of Toman are going to the beach. Everyone was riding fast rides but Mikey. 

A nearby gang threatens to destroy Mikey's moped. Later on, Kazutora and Baji decide to steal a CB250T for Mikey's birthday. 

While stealing the bike, the owner caught them. The owner was none other than Mikey's older brother, Shinichiro Sano. 

Kazutora didn't want them to get caught and hit Shinichiro with a weapon. That night, he died while Baji and Kazutora went to juvie but Kazutora took the blame so Baji didn't have to stay in juvie.

POV - HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI

When Baji-kun finished explaining I was in thought. 

-Mikey-kun said he had an older brother. But he died. Wait... Mikey-kun's brother died because of these 2! So Baji-kun was on Kazutora-kun's side from the start!? So it's not like he left Toman on a whim. That means there's no way, no way I can bring him back!-

Hanma cut my thoughts off. "Nice Baji. In that case, I'll be more happy to have you here. Here, a Valhalla uniform. Hanagaki! Give Mikey this message!" Kazutora-kun continued. 

"A week from now, on October 31st. OUR FINAL FIGHT! In the abandoned parking lot. Valhalla vs. Toman." He declared.