CHAPTER 31 - VISIT AND MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI

-Today is August 10th. A week from the big showdown. Thanks to the rumors going around, among the city's delinquents, I've become 'The man of the hour' overnight.- 

While I was walking to the hospital to visit (F/N)-chan, a bunch of underclassmen were bowing at me and talking about me. Even members of Toman were talking about me. 

"I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO THE FUTURE!" I shouted. "I shouldn't have spent my time saving this guy." Akkun commented.

"SIR!" "Yo, Takemicchi." "How's the hand?" "He stopped Mikey-kun and Draken-kun from fighting." "I heard he saved (F/N)-chan from dying!" "How badass!" "I heard he got stabbed in the hand but still clapped the guy that stabbed him!" Everyone whispered.

-From now on, people would remember me as...- "A delinquent legend!" I yelled again. I went to the hospital and straight to (F/N)-chan's room.

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

After all that happened, everyone left for me to rest. Mikey didn't want to leave yet so he went to the roof top to nap. 

Before he left, he gave me his old Toman uniform and told me that when Takemichi-kun comes and visits me, to give it to him. 

My doctor/guardian named Shimizu Kiyoko, came in and told me that the cops went to my house and put my parents in jail. 

I was so happy that words couldn't describe how I felt. She left my room and then once again, my room door opened.

"HEYA (F/N)-CHAN! How are you holding up!?" I looked at Takemichi-kun and glared at him. "Urk!" He flinched. "Quit acting like a jackass." I said. 

"Huh? How am I acting like one?" He asked. "It's all over you. When someone gives you an inch, don't make it a mile, stupid. It's lame as hell." I said.

I saw an arrow go through him but I didn't care. "You wouldn't understand what it's like to live in the shadows, (F/N)-chan." He commented. "Dude, don't be creepy." I said.

Takemichi-kun then went close to my face and yelled. "THIS IS THE FIRST TIME ANYONE LOOKED UP AT ME! LET ME LIVE A LITTLE OK!?" He yelled. 

"I can't believe you're saying something depressing at that volume." I deadpanned. "TSK! You're no fun. You said I saved your life. Then when you start to get better, it's back to this." He said.

"Whatever. Ah! Oh, yeah. Here." I grabbed the bag and gave it to him. "Hm?" He took it and looked inside.

"It's from Mikey. He said to give it to you." I said. "A gang uniform?" He questioned. "That was Mikey's uniform when Toman first started. In Toman, getting a uniform is as important as life." I said. "Why does he want me to have this?" He asked.

"He said that if you wear it is up to you. But he wants you to have it. Takemichi-kun, your Toman's savior and everyone knows it. Including me, so let me say it again." I stood up and bowed at him. 

If I could, I would have done a deeper bow but I don't want to open my stitches. "Thank you. Take good care of that uniform." I said to him with a smile.

Takemichi-kun took out the uniform and looked at it. "This is Mikey-kun's. He gave it to me. It's kinda heavy." He commented.

"Ya the uniforms back then were pretty heavy. I remember wearing one and falling down the stairs." Takemichi-kun looked at me strangely but then smiled. 

"Wonder if I could pull this off?" He asked. "Go see him." I told him. "Huh?" Takemichi-kun looked at me. "Mikey's taking a nap on the rooftop." I said.

POV - HANAGAKI TAKEMICHI

I went to the rooftop and looked for Mikey-kun. "Mikey-kun." I called out to him once I saw him. "I can't relax." He said. "Huh?" I was confused.

"I can't shake this weird feeling off. Why'd Hanma start a conflict with Toman? What is he plotting? Why'd he try to get Kiyomasa's group to murder Ken-chin? But the biggest mystery is... You knew about the conflict and that Ken-chin would be targeted before everyone. And you tried to stop it from happening. Takemicchi, what the hell are you?" Mikey-kun turned to me.

"I-I'm..." I started. -Don't tell me Mikey-kun found out everything!?- Then he started to chuckle. "What's with the stupid outifit? I mean you're always lame but this is." Mikey-kun pointred at what I'm wearing.

"HUH!? OH THIS!?" I started to cover myself. "Whatever." He said as he jumped down from where he was.

"Huh?" I looked at him. "It's thanks to you that Ken-chin didn't get stabbed and (F/N)-chin from dying. Thank you, Takemicchi. All of Toman wants to say thank you." He said. 

I walked out of the hospital after that. -Draken and (F/N) are saved. The mission is complete. Mikey-kun, Draken-kun, (F/N)-chan, Akkun. I wish I could stay here forever to be honest. But, I got to go back. So this is goodbye. Goodbye, you guys.- 

I showed up at Hina's apartment and knocked on the door. "Takemichi-kun? You always show up at the weirdest times!" Hina said when she openned the door.

"Gomen, gomen. So hey, is Naoto here?" I asked. "NAOTO! Takemichi-kun wants to see you! Wait a second." Hina called for him. "Ah Hina! Here." 

I gave her a bag. Before I went to the apartment, I went to get Hina a necklace. "Huh? A necklace?" She said once she opened the bag.

"I'm trying to make it up to you and you getting caught in everything that happened." I said. "Oh! The festival?" She asked. "Ya, I'm just trying to make it up to you. Sorry it's cheap." I said.

"A 4-leaf clover?" She asked as she looked at it. "Yup." I said. "Can I try it on?" She asked. "Sure." I smiled.  

-This won't make a mend though. I want to leave something behind because I won't see the 'you' from 12 years ago.- 

"How's it look?" She asked me once she placed it on. "Yup! Looks great." I said. "Thank you, I'll cherish it." She smiled back. 

"Uh, sorry to interupt your flirting but do you need me? Nice gift." We turned to see Naoto. "How long have you been there!? Were you eavesdropping?" Hina asked.

"I came because you called me." He said. "Then why didn't you say something!?" She yelled. "Naoto. Let's shake." I said while holding my hand out.

"Huh? You like shaking hands that much, Takemichi-kun?" He asked me. "I guess. Hina." I looked back at her. "Hm?" She asked.

"Have a good life." I said. "What's with you?" She asked. "Naoto." I called for him. "Fine." Naoto shook my hand.