Chapter Ten

Warning!mature scenes ahead

Warning!
mature scenes ahead.

It was the sharp sound of clicking heels that haltered everyone's movements, their mouths hanging open as their heads craned upward toward the sound. They hadn't seen the couple in so long, everyone had almost forgotten about their existence. Well, everyone except Mallory. The grey still worried immensely over her friend, or old friend. She didn't trust Michael for anything, and practically felt nauseated every time she laid eyes on him.

At first, everyone had been extremely tense around the outpost when Michael had arrived, but it was clear he didn't care about anyone besides Ana. They hadn't seen, though they all most certainly heard them, in almost over a week, so it was surprising to see them locked in arms atop of the staircase.

She had a shit-eating grin on her face, while Michael's held a stoic smirk as they both whispered amongst themselves. "Oh, shit." Gallant muttered to himself, noticing the mischievous glint in the girl's eye. "What are they doing outside of their room?" Coco whispered over to him, annoyance and tight curiosity seeping through her voice. Despite the fact that Ana was several feet away from them, a majority of the group could sense the strong change of energy that orbited around their once shy friend.

"I think I'm a bad influence on you, sweetheart." Michael whispered into her ear, grasping her arm as they descended down the stairs. She gave a light scoff, that was most definitely an understatement. "I was bored," She smirked, knowing how much he grew annoyed at those words, "And besides, I want to play with our new toys." She chuckled, glancing down at everyone like toys in a toy-chest.

It felt like a century to everyone, waiting and watching as the two finally came to a halt. Most of them found it rather unsettling, the glare that was coming off of Ana's face. "Miss me?" She gave a cocky smile, pulling on her new, husbands arm and to the dining table. Her eyes gave a quick sweep for Venable, who appeared not to be present, and pushed Michael into the wooden chair by his shoulders. "Please," He looked up, gaining surprised flinches from those around him. "Continue as you were, don't let my dear Anastasia and I stop you." He gave a wave of his hands, a smirk on his lips as Ana plopped down on his lap, throwing her arms around his neck and giving him a sloppy kiss.

Coco gave a noise of disgust, but she tried to keep it mostly amongst herself. She may have been completely spoiled, having no sense of self worth or respect, but she wasn't completely stupid. Her body told her to fear Michael, and as much as she hated it, Anastasia, also. She simply rolled her eyes, glancing over at Dinah with an annoyed stare. Still, the woman could not cure her curiosity. "So," She chirped, causing the two's movements to stop. "You two have been...busy. Care to explain to everyone where it is that you've been?" She folded here arms, causing everyone's eyes to travel to the couple.

Ana's eyes cut in to her deeply, and she turned her body to lean against Michael's. "It's our beloved, Anastasia's birthday today." Michael cut in, placing his palm on her thigh. "And that most certainly calls for a celebration, don't you all agree?" He leaned back into his seat, amused by the multiple perplexed faces that decorated the table.