Chapter Nine

Warning!mature scenes ahead

Warning!
mature scenes ahead

Michael was heavily entertained by the curses that left Ana's mouth, her hands shielding her sunglasses over her eyes to protect her pounding head from the sun. They were both in the back yard, Michael's hands holding a trash bag as she tossed her empty bottles inside. He was smirking as he stood there, enjoying her torment after the exhaustion she had caused him the night prior.

"I'll never drink again." The girl complained, wiping sweat from her brow as she clutched her stomach.

Michael shook the bag loudly, the glass inside clanking together and making Ana cringe. She sent him a glare, returning to her work. "Good. You look terrible." He smirked, following closely behind her as she tossed in trash.

"Piss off." She grumbled. "I feel embarrassed enough without you needing to rubbing it in." She tossed in another bottle, picking up a turned over table.

"Sorry, my love." He fake apologized. "I suppose it was somewhat entertaining to see you running around like a decapitated chicken." He chuckled as Ana shook her head, leaning over to peck her cheek.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught something, and he turned to see Miriam signaling him inside from Ana's window. "Wait here." He told her, setting down the bag as she mumbled a curse word in response.

His long legs trudged him up the stairs and into Ana's room, revealing a frustrated looking Miriam. "What's the matter?" He came to stand beside her.

"What's the point of talking to this thing if it's not gonna talk back?" Miriam rolled her eyes, gesturing down to Sheldon.

Michael chuckled as he shook his head. "There is no point. Ana's just crazy."

The woman nodded, picking up the can of fish food. "And how much of this shit does he get? Surely, a guy his size don't need much."

He took the can from her, his long fingers almost crushing it in his grasp as he unscrewed the lid. "Ana says once a day, but I usually forget to feed him when she tells me to." He half smirked, gently tapping some pebbles into the water.

Miriam watched him carefully, lips pursed together in concentration. "Alright, I just wanted to make sure. Wouldn't want Ana's precious fish dying on my watch."

Setting down the can, he turned to look at her. "Why do you care so much? It's just a fish." He laughed, glancing down at him.

She shrugged her shoulders in response. "Well...he's important to her, I gather. But she's a sweet girl and she's done a lot for you, least I can do in return is feed her damn pet once a day."

He smiled as he looked back down to the blue tank, glancing out the window to see Ana remaining on clean up patrol. His eyes narrowed when he heard a sniffle, and he turned to see Miriam almost in tears.