Chapter Thirty

Note!towards the middle of the chapter and throughout, it's going to be very confusing and probably hard to follow along, but i intentionally wrote it that way

Note!
towards the middle of the chapter
and throughout, it's going to be
very confusing and probably hard
to follow along, but i intentionally
wrote it that way. ana's going to be very
confused, so i wanted to create the same effect while reading it.

It wasn't until a few hours later when she started making signs of life. Michael had never left her side, always keeping his hand on hers and repeating how sorry he was. Miriam watched closely by, wanting to give him space but also making sure that he wouldn't disappear with her somewhere. She understood she was being harsh, maybe too harsh. But in her eyes, she didn't have a choice. She was doing both him and Anastasia a favor.

His eyes were closed as he rested his head on her jean covered knees, and they snapped open immediately upon hearing a groan from her. His eyes widened when he seen hers try to flutter open, and his heart skipped in his chest. "Ana?" His voice spoke hoarsely.

He placed his hands on both sides of her face, searching her half closed eyes. "Sweetheart, it's me. You're okay, I'm here with you."

His words caught the attention of Miriam, and she walked in the room as she eyed them carefully. Ana's eyes fully opened, and her dry mouth tried parting to form words. Her eyes were red, face stained with hours old tears as small whimpers left her lips. "What's wrong?" Michael asked in worry, searching her panicked eyes. "Do your wrists hurt?" He cringed as he looked down to her hands, and Miriam went to intervene before he snapped his fingers.

"Michael-"

"Shut up!" He sneered, glancing over his shoulder at her. "They're coming off." He gave a snap of his fingers, and the ropes disintegrated into grains on the floor. "Is that better?" He asked with big eyes, gently grabbing her wrists and kissing the angry red marks.

He looked back up when she let out another whimper, and he watched as her head slowly moved back and forth between them. His eyes narrowed at the movement of her lips, more so lack of moment. Couldn't she talk? "Ana, what'a wrong?"

"You're confused." Miriam stated, causing both of their eyes to travel to her's behind them. "What I gave you will help you stay calm. I figured it could do not only us, but yourself some good, as well. It'll wear off in a few hours hopefully. Don't try and stand, or speak for that matter. You'll probably just wind up hurting yourself." She gave a smile while Ana let out a pained groan, and Michael just grew angry.

"You've fucking paralyzed her!" He spat, hand gripping hers.

"Don't be dramatic." She rolled her eyes, taking a seat in their black leather sofa. "I'm keeping her calm."

Ana's brain felt like it had been stirred with a fork, her limbs felt weak like jello. Her stomach hurt, and there was a God awful pain in the back of her head. Her throat was dry and felt like it had been stuffed with cotton, blocking her ability to form words. And despite that pain, Miriam was right, in a way. She didn't exactly feel calm, more like she was being restricted to having an upright panic attack.