Chapter Thirteen

It was a Sunday, and Ana couldn't wait for the week to start

It was a Sunday, and Ana couldn't wait for the week to start. She was so ready to get back into her routine of school and work, being with Helena so much had almost drove her mad. The past two days had been more thrilling than she could ever remember. Even though her and Michael hadn't necessarily labeled themselves, it was quite obvious they discarded the best friends title in the dust. The were kissing all the time, and they were completely starved for it.

Ana continued to notice the change in Michael, though it did not frighten her away. It simply lured her in further. His mannerisms and demeanors were changing, his attitude and cocky little smirk. Though, there were still times were his innocence would claw it's way out. She wondered why their was a drastic change in him. Maybe he had finally gotten comfortable with her, maybe he had let down his shield. Well, what ever it is, Anastasia enjoyed it.

He was beginning to show this "take control" type attitude around her, like he was willing to protect her from anything on the Earth. They had been on a walk yesterday morning, and when he had seen someone staring at her, he had to refrain from snapping their neck. But Anastasia liked that energy around him though. She felt like she could lean on him that way, that if her world crumbled he would be there to clean it up. It made her feel stable.

She felt guilty for every purchase she made with the money he had given her, but he always ignored her pleas into taking it back. She payed two grand in rent, equaling her caught up for a whole year. What a relief on her shoulders that had been. And now, she was doing what she planned to do. By her side, Michael tagged along with her as they loaded a shopping cart full of groceries. The girl laughed at how touchy he was. He was always latched on to her somehow. Whether that be hand holding or lip locking.

Their kissing had never gone further than that though. His hands were always at her waist or in her hair, hers around his neck or pressed against his shoulders. But that was enough for them, and they didn't want to ruin what they had together. Though, it was getting harder for them to conceal their growing lust around one another.

Helena was better, if you could call it that. She continued to rot away in her bed, smoking cigarettes and blunts of all kinds, staining her blankets with booze and food. Ana kept up the house and bills, just like she always did. But she refused to take care of her mother like a child.

"I'm excited you're going back to work tomorrow, Ana." Michael smiled, watching as she observed the colorful fruit.

Ana looked to him over her shoulder. "Really? How come?"

"Because I've not had peach pie in forever!" He chuckled lightly, causing her to do the same.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. Sorry, about that." She squeezed his hand, tossing a bag of apples in her cart.

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's okay. You needed the break anyways."

She smiled at him, letting go of his hand to push her cart down the isle. "You know what I was thinking last night?"