Chapter Fifteen

Warning!this chapter contains suicide

Warning!
this chapter contains suicide.
please take caution while reading.

Anastasia was grateful she had another week off school for Spring break, and she smiled at the thought of going back to work and seeing Michael. She couldn't blame him for missing the taste of the peach pie, she was missing it herself. She planned to go in at eleven today, wanting to get a good start on the day. And she figured Michael would be there before her, he always was.

She craned open her eyes, squinting them as she read 9:30 on the clock. Pouncing up from bed with a smile, she combed through her messy hair as she got herself ready for the day.

Her night had been full of many dreams. Dreams of Michael, her family. She dreamed of happy things that she hadn't thought of in years. As she hurriedly changed into her yellow uniform, her mind flashed to the day before, and she worriedly chewed on her lip as she thought of Helena. Was she going to go right back to her neglectful ways? Or would she greet Ana with a kiss before work?

She glanced at herself in the mirror, deciding to keep her hair her down. She hardly ever put it up anymore, considering how much Michael ran his fingers through it. The sidewalks would be busy as the stores opened up, and Ana was running slightly late. So, she hurriedly slipped on her shoes and made her way out of her bedroom.

She looked to Helena's room, debating whether or not to check up on her. But she just wasn't quite ready to know whether or not the day prior had been a dream or not. She locked up the apartment, offering a smile to her neighbor who passed by.

The sick feeling began twisting in her stomach again, and as she made her way down the steps to the lobby, she suddenly felt like she couldn't leave. Something was wrong, she could feel it. She abruptly turned around, despite her previous thoughts, hurriedly shoving her keys into the lock as she busted through the apartment.

"Mom!" She called, trying to keep the panic out of her voice.

She tossed her stuff on the floor, testing the knob on her mother's door. "Mom?" She knocked.

She swallowed nervously, heart beginning to race. "Mom, can you answer, please?" She knocked again loudly.

"God damnit." She whispered, pressing her shoulder against the door as she pushed her self against it.

She groaned in pain from her side, repeating the process. She continued trying to break through the door, calling for her mother as panic took over her. Damnit she knew something had been wrong. She had felt it before she even closed her eyes the night before. The way her mother spoke, her mannerisms and the guilty look in her eye. She saw it, so why had she ignored it?

After another toss against the door, she bursted through the room as she collapsed on the floor with a breath. She stood up on her now bruised knees, observing the room before her as her breath escaped heavily.