Chapter Three

"Fiona, table four!" Ana shouted over her shoulder as she quickly placed a plate of toast in front of a customer

"Fiona, table four!" Ana shouted over her shoulder as she quickly placed a plate of toast in front of a customer. It was a Saturday morning, a day where she usually had off, and the breakfast rush was running the girl wild. And of course, Beth had to call off. It had been three days since Michael had been in the restaurant, and Ana decided she most likely would never seem him again.

She wouldn't admit it to herself, or Fiona for that matter, but the idea of not seeing his bright smile disappointed her somewhat. But, she didn't have time for distractions. She already had too much to do, too much to take care of. Helena had kept her up most of the morning, her loud retching keeping her from a decent rest.

"You got it dude!" Fiona called across the room, making her way over to table four.

Ana breathed deeply, looking around the room for any unhappy looking customers. "Hey, Ana, more coffee!" She turned to see Terry at his usual spot, his loud grunt filling the room.

"Anything for you, Terry." She half smiled. She busied herself as she went to make a new pot, telling the man they were fresh out and it would take a few minutes. Her feet were killing her, and she could never understand why their boss always made them were such uncomfortable shoes. They were white with a small heel, and Ana wanted nothing more than to throw them in the trash.

"Hello, Ana."

The girl whirled around, seeing the bright boy sitting in the same spot he had just a few days ago. He was wearing the same jean jacket, while a black t-shirt laid underneath. And of course, his signature smile plastered on his lips.

"Michael." She smiled, stepping closer. "I didn't expect to see you again."

His smile dropped slightly. "You...you wanted to right?"

"Of course!" She nodded her head, placing her hands on the bar. "Of course, I'm happy to see you!" She cringed slightly at the sight of more customers coming in.

Michael took in her disheveled appearance. Her face was slightly reddened while she tried to catch her breath, her hair laid in a braid down the spine of her back. And her uniform had coffee stains all over it. Despite the mess, she looked beautiful. He smiled at her words, happy that she was pleased.

"Ana, my coffee!"

"Just a second, Terry!" Ana smiled at him, clenching her fist.

She turned back to Michael with a huff. "It's just...a terrible time right now."

His smile dropped, making her frown. "But, I get off at two o'clock today! How about we hang out after work?" She had never "hung out" with a boy before, and she hadn't even really registered what it was that she said. She just didn't want him to be upset.

"Really?" He asked.

She nodded. "It's still a few hours from now, do you have a phone? I can call you once I'm finished."