Chapter Nine

Warning! mature scenes ahead

Warning!
mature scenes ahead.

It had been close to over a week since Ana and Michael had barely interacted with the other members of the outpost, but the two had yet to grow tired of one another's company, nor would they ever. While most of their time together consisted of talking of old times or their future, mind-blowing quickies or passionate love making, now they remained rather quiet.

It was the following morning, several hours later after Ana had awakened from her dream. Neither of them had spoken much, simply staring at one another. Sometimes that was all they could do, the intimate looks being shared worth more than any words could ever mean. Besides, there was nothing she could ever say that would explain how much that gift had meant to her. Gift— didn't even feel like the correct vocabulary.

She kept relaying it over in her head, memorizing and burning every detail into her head so she wouldn't forget it. Michael knew this, so he didn't try and disturb her. However, it was often the same for him, in most cases. Sometimes just looking at her was all he was able to do. Her beauty rendered him speechless, many of times, and now had been one of them.

They both laid on their sides, faces pressed against the pillows and noses barely brushing over one another's. His eyes would follow the tangles of brunette curls that framed her face, the little details of her eyes that were made to glow bright in the orange candlelight. They always seemed to turn a different color at times. Before, he would have claimed they were simply a lighter blue than his. But now, he couldn't disagree more. From certain angles or areas of light, he could see multiple colors. Big, bright spectrums that resembled the northern lights.

Though, he knew that couldn't be possible. No ones eyes could ever contain all colors of the rainbow. Perhaps, it was just how strong there love was. Maybe it burned so bright that it expelled from her body in colorful waves. Maybe it was far fetched, maybe more dramatic than need be, but after everything that they had witnessed in their lives, was it really so crazy?

His eyes would study her hands, noticing the very faint stain of blood around her nails. He hadn't ever liked the habit before, but he couldn't help but find it rather cute that part of her hadn't changed.

When you put it in the grand scale of things, two years was a long time apart from someone, change was bound to occur. And they had, in some way or another. But in that moment, it didn't feel like it had. She was the same girl he had fallen in love with that day on the sidewalk. Sometimes he even believed he had loved her before he had met her, like a piece of him was out and about searching for him.

And the same thing was running through Ana's head. In some ways, Michael was different. His hair, the way he dressed and carried himself. His power had grown immensely overwhelming at times. She could feel it running through her own veins, tasted it, even. She found it surprising that she was never afraid of him, because the aura around him was dark, dangerous. But it only intrigued her as always. Whatever he chose to be or how he chose to live, she'd be right along side him. That's what she was born to do.