Chapter Seven

When she woke up, she knew something was different

When she woke up, she knew something was different. And it most likely had something to do with the boy who was holding her in his arms. She couldn't remember the last time she had slept so well, so at peace and unbothered. Michael had done that. There was a slight pain in her nose, but she was too distracted with his beauty to pay it any mind. She woke up around 5:30, a little earlier than she usually got around, but she didn't mind. She simply watched him sleep.

Anastasia was looking at Michael in a new light. She didn't know what it was, but she could feel those rules of hers slipping away. Maybe it weakness, maybe she had no restraint. Because deep down, Ana knew that she wouldn't be able to stay away from Michael. The feeling of his body around hers calmed her of any anxieties, and she wished the feeling would last forever. Her eyes would often time cast down to his mouth, and she had the urge to run her thumb across his bottom lip.

She decided to look at it from a new, positive angle. Maybe, just maybe, the universe was finally granting her something. Year after year shit continued to pile on to her plate, and she built calluses and scars because of them. She became strong, stronger than she had ever imagined. But her spirit still remained broken. So, maybe Michael was her cure.

With him, she was happier than she ever thought she could be. That couldn't be a bad thing, right? She shouldn't have to keep herself from that and limit her needs. But as she watched him, gently running her fingers through his hair, she felt herself grow sad. Who was to say he felt the same way? It was obvious he had somewhat of a crush on her, but did he really feel the same way that Ana felt? Hell, Ana wasn't even really sure what it was she felt. All she knew was that as the days grew on and her time with Michael increased, so did her feelings that she tried so hard to hide.

But that only made her unhappy. And damnit, Anastasia was so tired of being unhappy.

She watched him until 6:30, the usual time where she decided to get ready for school. The walk there wasn't bad, she just normally had to bundle up on some days. She hated the idea of waking him, because she knew that he needed rest. Their faces were close together, noses almost touching.

"Michael?" Ana whispered in the dark room, limbs intertwined. He was hot, like a furnace. Ana could feel the heat rolling off of him in waves.

"Michael?" She called again, pushing his hair away from his eyes. "Wake up."

His eyes fluttered open, blue ones gazing into hers. He was calm, despite waking up in a unfamiliar bed. She was pressed against him tightly, and her soft words echoed in his mind. She was doing crazy things to him, this girl was. It was almost irradiating because he could never understand what anything meant. Mentally and physically.

All Michael new was that something was different this time. The way he looked at her, and the way she looked at him. He felt the energy shift in the air around them and light sparks in his veins. He couldn't take his eyes off her, and he couldn't stop thinking of the way her body felt. She was soft and warm against him, her hair falling loosely on the pillow beneath her head. Michael didn't want to leave. His eyes kept glancing down to her lips, he didn't understand why, but he had the desire to reach out and touch them. Did best friends do that too?