Chapter Three

"No! Absolutely not, Anastasia!" Mallory whispered in the doorway of Anastasia's room

"No! Absolutely not, Anastasia!" Mallory whispered in the doorway of Anastasia's room. The girl had stayed up most of the night trying to figure out a way to sneak into Venable's private suite. She figured it couldn't be that hard, considering she had stumbled in there on accident several times before. And after hours of thought, she decided it was best to keep it simple.

"I'm not asking you to do much, Mallory." The girl grasped her friends nervous hands. "Just...lie a little. Ya know, just if anyone asks," She held up her hands in a calm manor. "I'm sick and decided to skip out on breakfast."

Mallory sighed at her friends plan. It really wasn't that much, she was just afraid of Venable finally cracking the whip on her. "Alright. I'll do it." The grey girl offered a small smile. "But be careful, Ana. Venable is bound to snap at you one of these days."

Ana nodded at her friend, bringing her knuckles up to kiss them. "Thank you!" She smiled as she let go of her hands.

Mallory then went on her way, leaving Anastasia alone in her room. Taking a deep breath, she ventured quietly as she could possibly manage out into the cold, empty halls. She was surprised at the lack of nerves she held at performing such a sneaky task. But the girl felt more motivated than she could possibly remember. The name was extremely potent today. She could feel it burning in her mind and she was growing more annoyed by the second. When she had woken up that morning, she almost two hours writing down random names in her notebook. But every time she wrote one down, she felt disgusted. It was all wrong, she couldn't figure it out. She was going through the alphabet one letter at a time, and she was currently on 'J, thinking of every possible name that could begin with the letter.

The closest she could really describe was close to having the flu. You know, headache, nausea, sore and tired limbs. It was exhausting. Nevertheless, Anastasia refused to continue to wallow in self pity and to submit to Coco's cruel words. No longer would she be the girl everyone gave a second glance to. Ana would get answers.

She traveled down the long, narrow halls, constantly checking her shoulder to keep from being spotted. She could hear Evie talking rather loudly, probably another wild tale of hers. This would be real quick and easy. Venable was organized, neat. She had files on everyone, maybe in a desk or cabinet. She would find hers and get answers.

When she finally approached the tall, dark doors to Venable's room, she took a deep breath and quietly slid open the doors. Her room was quite large, accompanied by several leather chairs that decorated the floor and candles that were held in chandeliers. Anastasia scanned the room with her blue eyes, squinting them slightly. "Keep talking Evie." She whispered to herself as she began sifting through the desk that was against the wall. There was hardly anything on it, besides more candles and a few stacks of paper. Crouching to her knees, she rummaged through the cream colored files that were alphabetized.

"Come on, come on. Where are you?" She breathed as names of her fellow roommates flashed in her eyes.

Emily, Dinah, Coco-