Chapter Sixteen

Warning!mature scenes ahead

Warning!
mature scenes ahead

There were six days left, though neither of them knew it. Two of bliss, one of anger along with furious love making, one of depression and irritation, one of realization and secrecy. And then, the last one. The day where it would all change. If Michael and Ana were to know about it, they'd be crippled by their own heartache and anxiety. But as of right now, they couldn't be bothered by anything.

Day One.

"Michael?" Ana's voice sung out sweetly, glancing around the island's sandy floor. "Come out, come out wherever you are."

She giggled to herself, checking behind bushes and around tall rocks. He hadn't wanted to, but Ana had guilt tripped him into playing hide and seek. They were limited on entertaining resources around there, so he grumbled when she practically begged him. And he wasn't going to, but when she started babbling on and on about how she never had anyone to play with as a child, he rolled his eyes and complied.

"Where the fuck are you?" She groaned to herself, her feet growing tired against the hot sand.

"Give up yet?"

She jumped as she whirled around, her eyes going up as she spotted him. "Michael Langdon, that's cheating!" She scolded.

He sat on the limb of the tallest of trees, leaning against a branch with a smug look on his face. "Exactly how is this cheating, Anastasia? You told me to hide and I did. You're just mad because I won." He smirked, crossing his arms.

Her neck craned up to glare at him. "Well, I'm short! I would never have found you up there, you big idiot."

He rolled his eyes as he teleported down, his fingers sinking in to the loops of her jeans. "Sorry, my love." He kissed her lips. "I suppose I can be quite competitive sometimes."

She scoffed, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Oh, please. You threw a fit over sandcastles, for shit's sake." She smirked, earning an annoyed glare from him.

"Yeah, whatever." He pushed her off of him with an unamused scoff.

He plopped down to the ground, his back leaning against a fallen tree. He spread his legs out before him, beckoning her to crawl between them. She smiled as her back laid against his sunburnt chest, and she sighed in content when his arms wrapped around her belly.

It had been a few days since their night out in the woods. They hadn't spoken about it again, but it wasn't necessary to do so. They both still stood by with what they said. Though, Michael still didn't know how to feel about Cordelia's absence, and he hoped the woman wouldn't suddenly appear to be a new problem. Which, he was sure something along those lines would stir up again, because when did it not?

But he couldn't wallow in worry about the side plan that he had brewed up in his head, otherwise she would know something was up. He could also feel Jack parading around the Earth, waiting for the day to finally be signaled and his services being needed. Perhaps the spell had...modified the boy a bit, but Michael liked him. His loyalty was strong, and he trusted him with Ana wholeheartedly.