Chapter Seven

"So, I push these buttons and it will call you?" Michael looked up to Ana from the kitchen table, eyes confused as he studied the machine in his hand

"So, I push these buttons and it will call you?" Michael looked up to Ana from the kitchen table, eyes confused as he studied the machine in his hand. After their make up session, he had taken her out on the town to make up for the bruising on her backside. He took extreme precautions, but Ana didn't complain. She was just happy they were okay again. And on the plus side, she was thrilled they had found something new to spice up their sex life, even if she couldn't sit for hours on end.

"Yes." She nodded over his shoulder, pointing to the screen.

He had gotten himself a phone, well, stolen it actually. He figured if him and Ana were to ever be separated, he would have to get over his revolting disgust toward technology if he wouldn't to stay in touch with her. He watched her set it up in amazement, following along with her words as she explained to him how to work it. And it really didn't take all that long, considering her and Miriam were the only two contacts he had. "Or if you want to text, you just click on these little letters to spell out a sentence." She placed a hand on the back of his neck.

"What if I misspell something?" He glanced at her.

"Then you click this little x button to erase it." She smirked, kissing his temple. "You play around with it for a minute, I'm gonna go feed Sheldon." He swallowed as he watched her disappear up the stairs, almost nervous she had left him alone with it.

"Hey, bud." She smiled, gently tapping on Sheldon's tank with her ring finger. When he had presented the red ring to her, she knew it had to be expensive. But given he stole everything when they were out, she assumed he had done no different. "I've been neglecting you, sorry about that." She got down on her knees, sprinkling a few fish pellets into the tank. "I'd like to keep you in Michael's room, but I don't think he likes you very much."

She chuckled as her phone beeped in her pocket, and she pulled it out to reveal Michael's name.

Michael- 2:17 p.m

Hello.

She laughed to herself at the simplicity of it, the idea of him down in the kitchen texting her suddenly amusing. It beeped again, causing her to look down.

Michael- 2:18 p.m

Hello.

Then again.

Michael- 2:18 p.m

Why aren't you answering?

She rolled her eyes as she went to type a response, but his answers kept flying through.

Michael- 2:19 p.m

Has something happened?

"Oh, good grief." She shook her head, standing up and heading out off her room. They almost crashed in together when rounding the counter, his phone tightly grasped in his hand as he breathed out in relief. "You didn't answer." He stated, glancing down at her phone.