Chapter Three

Warning!mature scenes ahead

Warning!
mature scenes ahead

"I can't see." Michael complained, his eyes
squinting in the dark as he held on to Ana's shoulder. "Ana, I can't-"

"Yes, I heard you." She huffed in amusement, gripping his hand as she led them to a seat. She had, yet again, dragged him to another event. Upon finding out he had never been to the movies before, she took immediate action and purchased them two tickets to see Star Wars.

It had been a few days after that night at the church, and Ana held no regret or remorse towards the life she had taken. If anything, it only fueled her eccentric energy. At times, Michael felt as if he were babysitting a child, her restlessness often making himself exhausted. Which was rare, considering he hardly ever slept. And she even had plans to go back the following week, and he found it amusing the way her and Miriam bonded over it.

However, her dreams had yet to ease themselves, and they seemed to be growing worse as the nights went on. Images of her old family and friends haunted her, thoughts of the armageddon plaqued her. She had yet to tell Michael about them, and she had no plans to. They didn't have much effect on her, besides a lack of sleep, and she found no reason to give him something else to worry over her about.

After her simple text to Johnny, most of them seemed to stop trying to get ahold of her, but it only fueled the fire when it came to Garrett and Irena. Beth also left frequent voicemails too, which Ana found odd, considering they hadn't grown that close.

"Why's there so many people here?" Michael whispered, eyeing the people around the dark room.

"Because it's the movies, Michael." She laughed, grabbing the bucket of popcorn from him. "People come to see movies."

He sighed as he eyed the big screen before him, drumming his fingers against the seat as he awaited for the movie. His day had been more on the stressful side, and Ana could tell due to the attitude he had been serving. Eventually, he would have to talk to her. Although, he wasn't worried about her not taking it well, considering how well she had with everything else, as of late. But they had enemies, and while he was the most powerful being on the planet, his powers had yet to fully blossom. However, he had done extremely well at hiding himself under the radar, and didn't expect any surprise visits from witches and warlocks.

There were changes that were going to have to be made soon, and he hated the idea of Ana having to adjust to something new again. It was always one thing after another, and he felt at fault for almost all of it. He jumped when the booming theme from the movie erupted into the room, and cheers left several seats as he leaned into Ana. "Why is it so loud?" He shouted, causing multiple people to shoo him.

"Quiet down." She chastised him. "It's supposed to be."

"I don't like it." He cringed, flinching when she roughly handed him the bucket of popcorn.