Chapter Twenty One

Warning! mature scenes ahead

Warning!
mature scenes ahead

"Michael." She breathed into the kiss, arching her back slightly to reach him better. "I'm gonna be late." She rushed as he began places kisses all over her neck.

"Mhm." He hummed as he suckled her skin, his fingers tracing patterns on her clothed stomach. They were laying in bed, the sun emitting the room in an orange glow that made Ana look angelic. Michael had watched her sleep for hours, being captivated with every breath she took.

"I'm- gonna be really late." She sighed, her fingers tangling in his hair as he smirked against his lips.

"You're not working today." He responded, reaching back up to meet her in a heated kiss.

"Very funny." She pulled away, glancing at the clock. "I've got to get-"

"No, seriously." He interrupted, grasping her chin and turning his face towards her. Ana blushed at his shaggy, blonde bed hair, his porcelain skin shining in the sun causing it to look one of a greek god.

He smirked, pulling on her bottom lip. "I called you off today. It's your birthday, Ana. Birthday girls don't work."

She felt her lips part in surprise, and she sat up to face him. "What? Michael, I need-"

"Hush." He rolled his eyes, covering her mouth with his hand. "You're stuck with me today. Now, get dressed. We've got places to be." He brought his lips to her forehead, giving her a cocky smirk before jumping off the bed and disappearing into the living room.

Ana smiled widely, butterflies fluttering in her stomach at his sweet action. The past few days had felt like a dream, a dream that she never wanted to wake up from. Though, they never repeated their excursion that had been held on the bathroom sink, the sexual tension between them could be cut with a knife. Their kissing had always been something that made her heart seem to stop, but now it felt entirely different. And even Michael felt different in a way, older and more confident. It turned her on incredibly.

Work had been going extremely well, business was booming, equaling more tips. And she'd be graduating soon, an event she couldn't wait for. School was school, neither good nor bad. She was dealing with her grieving process in a healthy way, a much different approach compared to the last one. There were a few times during the day when she'd grow sad, or times where she awoke from a nightmare, but she was never alone. Michael was there with her through it all.

Specifically, the day prior. She had went to the morgue to sign papers over her mother's cremation, and she had watched the engagement with a tearful eye. Michael had offered to come, but she denied his request. It was something she had to do by herself. She forgave Helena, and promised that she wouldn't waste her days hating her. She had spent so long doing that, and it had practically drained her of everything she had. She spent most of the night crying in Michael's arms, soft sobs being muffled in the sleeve of his shirt. He never said anything, he knew that was how she preferred it. He simply held her throughout the night.