60

"This better be an emergency, Jennie"

Chaeyoung says sharply as she catches Jennie standing with her wife, Jisoo in front of what seems like a private medical center she has never been.

They hug for a second before Jennie nods her head.

"Oh, trust me Chaeyoung. You're gonna like this"

"I don't think I'll like anything that causes me to catch a flight in the wee hours from Busan to Seoul"

Her little sister snaps before eyes falling on the figure of Lili.

Her heart stops for a moment as she reminds herself that's not the woman she married.

Not Lisa

She whispers like a mantra to herself.

"What's she doing here?"

She looks at Jisoo, expecting a reply. Jisoo lifts one eyebrow. "I don't know how to explain to you to make it sounds like we are not crazy"

"Jisoo, what do you mean?"

"I hear you're a Cardiologist, Dr. Park?"

Lili asks with a strained voice. Her brown obs clinged to Chaeyoung's.

"Even if I am, does it have anything to do with you?"

Chaeyoung asks sharply.

"Dr. Park" Lili growls. "I do not like your tone. Seriously, I do not know what my sister sees in you..."

"Sees? What do you mean?"

Lili rolls her eyes, about to chew the doctor off when her wife comes into the picture and kisses her cheek softly.

"My baby" Roseanne coos. "You should check the cafeteria later! They've got the best pancake in the world"

Lili turns her head to look at her wife. Suddenly, all of her walls fall down to her feet as she lets a smile crawls its way to her face. "Are you sure?" she asks, tugging one lost strand of the woman's hair behind her ear. "Because to me, the best one is the one made by you"

"You're praising me too high sometimes"

Roseanne blushes and for a moment, Lili thinks of kissing her wife right there when suddenly Jisoo and Jennie cough slightly loud, making Lili remembers that she's not only with her wife at the moment.

So, yeah. She wears back her emotionless face soon as she turns to face the three women.

"I can't believe her" Jisoo whispers. "It's like she's a different person when she's with her wife and acts all bitchy when she's with us"

"Lisa is upstairs" Lili mumbles casually, causing Chaeyoung to break her jaws.

"Wh..what?"

"You heard me. She's alive, Chaeyoung. But her condition keeps worsening these two days. Or that's what I was told at least"

Lili pauses as she gestures towards Suzy who approaches them.

"Suzy?"

Chaeyoung frowns deeper. "I don't understand. What's the meaning of all these?"

"I'll explain more" Lili laces her fingers with Roseanne. "But you need to talk to her first, Chaeyoung. Or we will all lose her forever for real"

Chaeyoung doesn't say anything. Eagerly, she trails behind Lili until they reach the second floor and the last room at the end of the corridor where her eyes spot a familiar, sleeping figure with wires all over her body.

"Lisa?"

She manages to say before bursting into tears. She slams the door, walks in and quickly grabs Lisa's free hand and drags it to her lips.

"I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT THAT YOU'RE STILL ALIVE"

She cries, wanting to hug her wife more than anything in the world but Lisa's body is covered with bandages and she doesn't want to hurt her.

"What happened to her?"

Chaeyoung asks as Lili emerges.

"She was shot. What do you expect?"

"BUT SHE'S NOT DEAD! WHAT DID YOU HIDE BER AWAY FROM ME? FROM THE WORLD?"

"Calm the fuck down" Lili hisses. "I'll tell you but you'll have to stop behaving like a bitch"

"Me?" the blonde points at herself. "How can I'm a bitch when you are the one who faked my wife's death?"

"It's all planned for a reason"

"Then fucking tell me what's the reason"

"Outside" Lili points at the door. "Not here"

"I won't leave her" Chaeyoung sits down, grabbing Lisa's hand again. "Not now, not ever"

"Can you please not make me feel like vomiting?"

"What do you mean?"

Lili puffs her cheeks. "Never mind, ignore me. But let's go outside, really"

Chaeyoung looks at her wife for a second before finally nodding.

"I'll be out, baby" she kisses a sleeping Lisa. "But I'll be back. Never would in my life that I'll leave you again"

••••

"So, that's the reason?"

Jennie asks, eyeing Lili before focusing back on her little sister.

"She had to fake her death so that she can save me?"

Chaeyoung asks with teary eyes and Lili nods.

"They were starting to send threats about you to Lisa and that's the last thing my sister wanted to happen. Remember when you had a minor car accident a few months back? Jaehyun's minions were responsible for that. They wrote a threat to Lisa about that incident but Lisa ignores it first time and when she got a call from the police about what happened to you, she knew for fuck's sake that Jaehyun wasn't kidding with the threats"

"Jen" Chaeyoung turns to face Jennie. The woman bushes her little sister.

"It's okay, Chae. I'm here. Everyone is here for you"

"I told you. She's alive"

"Yeah" Jisoo nods. ,"We were all wrong, Chaeng"

"CODE BLUE! CODE BLUE!"

A loud voice echoes from the room where Lisa is staying. Everyone stands up, unsure of what's happening.

Suzy runs to the room a second later, cursing under her breath.

But Chaeyoung grabs her hand as her doctor's instinct kicks in.

"What the fuck is happening?"

"Code blue" Suzy says, breathlessly.

"What? How?"

"We better go and check on her, Chaeyoung. You're the best cardiologist after all"

Chaeyoung nods as she runs to the room with Suzy, only to fucking yell at the hallway a second later.

"I NEED A CRASH CART. WHERE THE FUCK THAT THING IS?"

"The patient is not responding to the treatment"

The nurse utters in panic.

"God, no" Chaeyoung says, almost crying. "Hang in there for me, baby. Don't leave"

But the EKG keeps giving a straight line on its monitor.

•••••••••••