39

Let's just be real.

Park Chaeyoung is a busy Cardiologist waiting to be promoted while Jennie Kim is the famous, South Korea based fashion designer and supermodel. Kim? Yes, because she married her longtime sweetheart, business magnate - Kim Jisoo after they graduated.

And then there's Lisa; the country's most prominent attorney; all thanks to the top notch establishment her mother had beforehandedly built for her. She is at the peak of her career, often selected by people from high places to represent them.

And let's just say between 4 of them; only two can make it to the table that night for their dinner date; and the lucky couple turns out to be LiSoo. The business magnate looks impeccable in her purple stripes shirt, her hair hangs free over her back.

Lisa seems relax and a couple years younger once she decides to put on an orange and milky colored cardigan for the outing. Her short, dark hair seems perfectly healthy and gorgeous like always. She brings her dark Hérmes with her along with a scrunchie circling at her left wrist.

"Chae called and said she couldn't make it"

Lisa starts at both friends start devouring their Thai cuisine. Jisoo picks a Somtam and nods a little as she chews. Back then, she was never a fan of Thai food, let alone Somtam but when Lisa introduced it to her a couple of years ago, suddenly it becomes one of her favorite food aside chicken.

"Same" she replies through a mouthful of food.
"Jennie texted me and said she has a meeting with Chanel"

"Guess, we both have busy partners, huh?"

"I don't blame them. They are trying to achieve their dreams"

"Right" Lisa clicks her tongue as she attacks the Tom Yum before her. "Anyway, we were supposed to tell you and Chae when all of us are here but fuck that, Jennie and I are trying to have a baby now"

"What?"

Lisa drops her spoon. "Are you for real?"

Jisoo looks at her before nodding. "I mean, I'm like 50 - 50 with the plan. But Jennie, you know how persuasive she can be at times"

"I really don't want to know" Lisa snickers.

"But" Jisoo swallows her food, ignoring the look of disgust on Lisa's face. "Mom and dad have been requesting the same thing too. Well, since you and Chae don't seem like you have talked about this issue at all"

Me? A kid? Lisa mentally asks herself before ends up smirking because the thought itself is super ridiculous.

"Why are you laughing?"

Jisoo hits her best friend on her arm, causing Lisa to involuntarily yells.

"That's hurt"

"Did you hear me?"

"I'm not dead, Jisoo. I hear"

"So, when are you going to marry her?"

"Don't ask me" Lisa stirs her drink. "Ask Chae. She's been avoiding that question since last year"

"Chaeyoung?" Jisoo wipes her mouth with the napkin provided. "Fuck, I thought it was you" she grin and Lisa gives her a look of accusatory. "Why would you think it's me?"

"I don't, you're always so messed up. So, I thought you were the one who didn't want to get marry"

"I want " Lisa licks her lower lip. "It's everything that I ever want"

"Then?"

"Like I said, you have to ask Chae. She's not ready yet, I think"

"Are you serious? You've been living together for 6 years and now you're saying she's not ready for you? For commitment?"