38

6 years later

Lisa rolls out of her bed only in her expensive, Medusa amplified silk boxers and a moss green Adidas crop tank top.

Her dark, short flock seems tousled in an adorable way and as she walks out of the room towards where her fiancée is currently standing; with a pan in one hand and a spatula in the other, her lips stretching widely as she spots the Thai who's paving her way sleepily towards her; almost like a baby searching for their moms. 

"Mmning.."

Lisa mumbles incoherently as she buries her face at the back of Chaeyoung's neck. The blonde laughs softly, pushing her fiancée away but Lisa is one stubborn soul so the blonde ignores her as she continues to cook for their breakfast. 

"Baby, I swear you're like a kid"

"I'm your kid"

"Sure you are" Chaeyoung agrees, turning her face to plant a kiss on the taller Thai's cheek. 

Lisa grins cheekily before snaking her arms around the blonde's wrist and lifts her up the kitchen counter. She spreads the blonde's legs apart; earning a laugh from the Korean. 

"No, baby" she leans in, connecting their foreheads. 

"No? What do you mean?" Lisa frowns as she watches Chaeyoung munches on the pancakes she has finished making. "Jagi, are we okay?" Lisa asks, her voice is filled with panic as she scans the blonde who is literally choking on her own laughter now. 

"Why are you laughing? I'm asking? Don't you love me anymore? Don't you want to marry me anymore? Are you seeing someone? Are you tired of me? Am I not interesting anymore? Do you like someone else?"

Question by question leaves Lisa's mouth as she stares in confusion at the laughing Korean. 

"No" Chaeyoung swallows her food decently. "Because" she cups Lisa's cheeks, kissing her slowly before letting go. "I'm at the time of the month"

"Really?" Lisa's ears perk up at that statement. "Not because you don't love me anymore right?"

"Of course not" Chaeyoung shakes her head. "I would be idiot to say that"

"God, you scared me, jagiya"

"Not my fault if you always think I'm gonna leave you"

"Look at you" Lisa speaks with a mouthful of pancakes. Chaeyoung gives her a death glare but she ignores it with a grin. 

"You're so hot, jagiya. Even in your scrubs! How am I not supposed to be insecure if there are hot doctors around you; throwing themselves at your feet?"

"Baby, you got me" Chaeyoung holds her hand. She knows Lisa has panic attack sometimes and it's topic like this that often makes her dysfunctional. 

"I know but ..."

"No but" Chaeyoung raises her eyebrows. "I love you. And you love me. We are perfect"

Lisa takes a deep breath as her heart shivers. She has heard that always; of how much the blonde loves her - yet still she feels like fucking butterflies in her stomach every time Chaeyoung holds her close like this and tells genuinely of how much she is in love with Lisa. 

"I love you" Lisa says.

Chaeyoung kisses her softly. "I love you too, baby. Now, I'm gonna leave or Dara is going to make my life a living hell"

Lisa chuckles softly as she watches her fiancée takes her bag from the floor and leans in for a kiss. 

"I don't think she's that terrible"

"To you! Because apparently she likes you"

"You're ridiculous" Lisa laughs, clinging to her fianceé's figure.

"Baby" Chaeyoung clears her throat, arms around Lisa's waist.

"I gotta go now"

"Then go"

"You know" she chuckles. "You have to let go" she refers to the hands around her waist. Lisa grins, taking her moment for a while before dropping her hands to sides of her body.

"That's my baby"

"Jagi, you also need to let go" Lisa laughs, staring at the arms around her waist line.

"Oh, forgot about that. I'm sorry"

"You did that on purpose!"

"I love you, baby" Chaeyoung whines. "Stay alive for the next few hours. I'll join you and both of the crackheads for dinner"

"Okay. See you, jagiya"

Chaeyoung nods, leaning in for another kiss before finally disappears as Lisa playfully showed her out of their home.

"Give me one last kiss" Chaeyoung whispers. "I promise I'll go away"

"No" Lisa laughs. "You won't go"

"I will"

"Just go, jagi" Lisa laughs. "I love you"

"Yikes, you disgust me, Manoban"

"Jagiyaaa"

"Fine" Chaeyoung laughs. "I love you my baby"

•••

Lisa puts on her neatly pressed, grey suit that Chaeyoung has put on their divan in the bedroom.

Perfecting her short hair, she throws a look at the picture of her pretty fianceé that hanging against the wall and winks her eye playfully.

"Jagi, I love you" she says freely. "Why are you so pretty? I'm so lucky"

Pressing her lips light against the picture, Lisa turns her head towards her ringing phone on the bed. It's Mina.

"Where the hell are you?"

The voice greets her soon as Lisa picks up the phone.

"Home?"

"God, we have a hearing in 15 minutes, Lisa!"

"I know", the Thai rolls her eyes. "Calm down. I'm coming"

"You better now" Mina scolds. "Or I swear I'm gonna report you to Chaeyoung"

"Oh, she'd be more than happy to stop me from my practice" Lisa grins as she locks her door and turns her heels towards the elevator, where her bodyguard has been waiting,

"considering I nearly got killed a year ago from that stray bullet that hit my shoulder after I won that one particular case against that stupid, so called underground mafia"

"Ugh, you're so terrible at making joke. Anyway, we'll be waiting by the entrance. The media is here, Lisa. You know what to do"

"Sure, Mina. Loosen up. I'll see you"

She says before ending the call. Smiling a little, she clicks her fianceé's number and decides to send her, her regular cute morning text.

To: Jagiya ❤️

I know there's
a lot of fish
in the sea,
but you're
my Nemo 💗🐟

"Where to, Miss Manoban?"

Her driver asks as she walks into the car.

"High court, Jin"