29

Two days.

And for two days, Chaeyoung has been crying like fuck.

Her parents have been asking Jennie what's wrong but Jennie being a good sister she is keeps telling them both that it's because her sister is currently tied to watch an emotional K drama on Netflix.

"Are you sure, Jennie?"

Their mother, Claire asks as she peeks at her youngest daughter again. "She has not been out of her room and I'm so worried"

"Trust me mom, it's just some stupid stuff she's watching on Netflix. I do that to sometimes"

"If you say so" Claire says as she turns her back against the door and starts walking downstairs. "Anyway, I'm gonna go with Jisoo for a Christmas shopping. So, can you watch over Chaeyoung for me?"

"What?" Jennie whines. "Mom, you are unfair! How can you like my girlfriend more than you like me nowadays? I'm your GOLDEN child!"

"Yeah I know but Jisoo is my favorite now" Clare pats the back of Jisoo who's now smiling at a fuming Jennie. "Yah! You're so unfair"

"I'll buy you something but it's a secret"

Jisoo says as she pecks a kiss on Jennie's lips. Clare gags as she walks out of the door. "I'll be in the car, Jisoo"

"Alright, Mrs. Park"

"Hey" the woman turns towards Jisoo who's holding Jennie's hand. "What did I say? Call me mom! You're my daughter too!!"

"Ops, sorry mom" Jisoo laughs as she watches Clare winks an eye at her and walks away towards the red car in the driveway.

"How's Chaeyoung?"

"Crying" Jennie rolls her eyes.

"Can you tell her to stop?"

"I don't know, honey. Can you tell your best friend to stop being an asshole?"

"Jennie..."

"Now, go" the cat eyed woman says. "Mom's waiting for you and don't you dare fucking flirt with girls when I'm not around Jisoo and no sex for tonight"

"Ugh, you're so strict"

"Of course. I'm taking care of my family, and you baby, are my family too"

Jisoo glows up at the mention of that. She kisses Jennie again, this time on her lips before joining Clare in the car.

•••

"Don't cry" Jennie assures her little sister but the result is always the opposite than what she has hoped. Chaeyoung cries even more, harder.

"You know it from the start that Lisa is an asshole. The whole campus knows about her"

Jennie nags and Chaeyoung just keeps weeping. 

"I thought we were in love" the blonde cries.

"Whatever you say, Chae" Jennie consoles her. "Just don't be sad, anymore. Probably Lisa is happy now and you're here moping around like there's no tomorrow"

"I love her!" Chaeyoung yells. "I love her so much and she fucking breaking me apart!"

"I know she's an asshole" Jennie agrees. "She really is. God, it's disgusting to remember you used to spend your days with her"

"Jen" Chaeyoung wipes her tears away. "Do you think I'm just a rebound for Lisa?"

"Honey, I can't answer that for you. You know that too"