57

"Are you okay?"

Roseanne breathes out, eyeing her wife from the corner of her eyes.

It has been two hours since Lili got home and her mood isn't right yet.

"I'm okay, Bubs"

"And yes and I'm pregnant, Lili"

"WHAT?"

Lili chokes on her drink. The Thai eyes her wife confusedly only for the pink haired woman to laughs back in return.

"Chill, baby. I was just joking. I know you're not into kids much, yet"

"Never" Lili whispers to herself.

"But like I said, maybe someday we'll have one or two"

"Bubs, can we talk about something else?"

"Like how you don't want to talk about this topic every time I bring it out?"

Lili frowns deeper. Swiftly, Roseanne leaves the couch and hugs her wife from the back at the dining table.

"Joking, baby. Loosen up"

"I missed you" Lili says. " Like a lot"

"I missed you too. Where did you go?"

"I met someone I'm not fancy of and she's a real bitch"

"Weird" Roseanne says, tossing her wife's hair.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought being bitch was your role"

"Bubs!"

"Kidding," Roseanne laughs. "See, I make you feel better"

"You always make me feel worse"

"Whatever" the pink haired presses a kiss on Lili's cheek. "I love you. Don't think too much. Can't have you develop lines on your pretty forehead my dear"

"Bubs, you're annoying"

"But you love me"

"Yeah. I do"

"Also" Roseanne says, sitting on her wife's lap. "I made a friend. And she has the same surname like me"

"Really?" Lili nuzzles her nose against the New Yorker's neck. "What was it?"

"I think she said her name was Chaeyoung"

"Chaeyoung?" Lili frowns. "Chaeyoung what?"

"Hmm, I think she said it's Chaeyoung Park - Manoban?"

Suddenly, Lili's eyes grow wide. "She's your friend?"

"Kind off. We met at the restaurant yesterday"

"Fuck"

"Why?"

"Nothing" Lili grunts. "Just ... Nothing"

"She looks like me right? That's funny"

"Really?" Lili smiles. "I think my wife is the prettiest girl I've seen in my entire life"

"You're such a smooth talker" Roseanne hits her wife's chest. "Let's go to sleep. I'm so sleepy"

"Maybe you go first," Lili mumbles. "I need to read this one file because I have a hearing tomorrow. I love you"

"Fine, Attorney Manoban. I love you too"

Lili watches her wife walks into the room before shifting her eyes back to her iPad.

Her mind starts working again as she reads through the one final file that Nayeon and Mina have sent her to check; the latest case she was working in before the incident happened.