41

"How's Lisa?"

Dara asks the next morning when she bumps into the pretty blonde in the locker room. Chaeyoung mumbles a response a minute after that, tossing her shirt on the bench as she changes into her scrubs.

"You don't have to worry, Dara. She's fine and we are fine. Keep your worry somewhere else"

The doctor says as she locks her locker. Dara smiles as she stops the Cardiologist. "Look, I'm not one to speak for you but enough with your stupid game. Don't you think Lisa has waited long enough? Six years, Chae. Six years"

"Years are just numbers" Chaeyoung points the thought out. "And plus, I think we are happy with the way we are now, so umm, maybe we shouldn't talk about marriage at all"

"You're the only one who's happy in this type of relationship"

"Then, what do you expect me to do? Married Lisa and then have kids?"

"I don't mean it that way either"

"Then what?"

"Tell her" Dara smiles hopefully. "What you feel so that she understands you"

"Dara..."

"Park..."

"Look, I have to focus on my dream" the blonde crosses her arms. " I need to be the chief physician of my department, Dara. And I don't want anyone or anything to distract me from achieving that"

"The way I know Lisa, she'd always support you"

"I know" Chaeyoung whines, looking dissatisfied. "But marriage, Dara? And what happens next? Kids? God, I couldn't afford to have my attention on something else than this job"

"Maybe if you look hard enough" the cardio surgeon taps Chaeyoung's shoulder gently. "You'll see that all things you need are around you, Chaeyoung"

"What do you mean?" the blonde frowns which makes Dara smirks. "I gotta go to work now. See ya later, Park"

•••

Jaehyun crosses his legs as he grits his teeth. How can his men lost their chance again today?

Manoban was approximately alone without her bodyguard at the parking space and a single bullet was all that it took to end this matter.

His brother's death.

"Stupid!"

The man yells as he eyes his team. "What are you going to tell me this time?"

"I'm sorry, boss" one man says. "We were preparing to shoot before the police showed up"

"The police?"

Jaehyun arches his eyebrow. "There was no police, you dummy"

"There was" another man says. "The woman who greeted her at the parking space; she's a policewoman"

"Any information about her?"

"Yes. Apparently, her name is Lee Hyeri and she's a deputy inspector general of police in Seoul"

"Oh" Jaehyun takes a deep breath. "So, she's the new police in town"

"Yes" his men answer, almost in unison.

"Fine, fine" Jaehyun taps his fingers against his cheek, eyeing the space before him. "You won this time, Manoban. But next time, you won't get to be so lucky"

•••

"I can't believe I bumped into you at the parking space!"

Hyeri laughs again as they stop by a café. Lisa nods, a laugh escapes her throat as she pauses from sipping her Mango juice.