28

Droplets of water fall out of Lisa's hair as she runs the black towel against her head. She stares at her fucking phone with a weird expression.It has literally been a day that her girlfriend hasn't called her, let alone texted her some cute messages. And she's starting to get worry.

But the Thai keeps reminding herself that Chaeyoung is back with her family in Busan and there's nothing bad can happen when you are with you own family right? The Thai at least thought so.

Lisa rests her phone down on the nightstand after contemplating for a while of either to ring Chaeyoung or not and figures out that maybe she should give her girlfriend some space to be spent with her own kind rather than Lisa.

Her decision seems simple but it has shocked even Lisa too. Being with the girl has simply changed her. Chaeyoung makes her want to try new things and do stuff that will literally the old Lisa wouldn't do and while it terrifies her to some points, a relationship with Chaeyoung never not able to make smile and feeling happy.

Gosh, Lisa facepalms herself as her cheeks growing red. Maybe after all, she does love the girl so much.

Lisa's thought about the blonde is interrupted when someone walks through the door and pats her shoulder lightly. When the throws her head backwards, she catches her mother smiling tiredly.

"Hey, kitten"

The woman says, leaning forward and kisses Lisa on her temple. "How are you doing?"

"Hi, mom" the Thai says as she turns and places her head against her standing mom's stomach and wraps arms around her mother's waist. "I missed you"

"I missed you too" Clare Manoban; the founder of Manoban Legal Firm and one of the country's hottest and expensive lawyers smile as she kisses her only daughter back on her cheeks.

She has missed her so much. Working on the top chain as a lawyer literally doesn't help her to spend more time with Lisa.

And although she knows Lisa never says anything but always there to show her support, Clare knows exactly how little one is feeling because most of the time that Lisa has her lips shut; her eyes do speak.

And boy, they are more of a good storyteller than her lips herself.

"We have a lot to catch up" Clare laughs softly as she runs her hand through her daughter's short hair. "So, will you go out for a dinner date with me tonight?"

"Mom" Lisa laughs as she looks at her mom with a look of admiration; like a kid whose eyes are fixed on a pack of candy that they love so much.

"You know you don't have to ask me right? I'd always be available for a date with you"

"I know. Just want to try though"

Lisa laughs harder as she hears that. She picks her mother's hand and the lady drags her down the stairs with both of them laughing about random stuff.

Lisa has never told anyone about her family because she needs nobody to tell her that her family is different; that her parents are divorced and while her mom tries her best to cater everything for her, her dad is total dick who always makes Lisa feels like she's not doing enough.

"Hilton, kitten?"

"Sure, mom" Lisa replies as both of them slide into the Royce.

•••

"Holy God!"

Clara Manoban exclaims, not care enough to drag one palm across her mouth as she makes that claim.

"You have a pretty girlfriend now and how can I not know this?"

She blurts, pretending to pout as Lisa laughs at her mother's childish antic. Well, that's the thing about Clare Manoban, the greatest lawyer of all time.

She can play different personalities. A merciless woman, a dragon lady, a firm lawyer but before her lovely teenage daughter, she's just a mom, trying her best to bond with Lisa.

And she's lucky that her daughter appreciates her effort.

"Come on" Lisa grins. "Don't pout mom, and besides I rang Sharon because I can't get pass you. She must have forgot though"

"Oh, Sharon's been a mess nowadays. I give her a couple of days to relax. That poor girl has overworked"

"Anyway" Clara intertwines her hands as she rests her chin on top of it. "Tell me more about this Chaeyoung you like the most"

Lisa's lips go wide with a smile and without neither of them pay attention to the clock and how time is ticking around then; both mother and daughter go through day by day where Lisa narrates how she falls for a blonde she now calls her girlfriend.

"Busan is nice"

Clara takes a bite of Lisa's food. "Do you want to go there and check on, I don't know.... Your precious girlfriend?"

"No" Lisa laughs. "Because that'd be weird, mom. What type of girlfriend keeps following her other girlfriend around and plus Chaeyoung is there until Christmas and ..."

"And you are free for Christmas!"

"Still, I'm looking forward to celebrate it with you"

"Honey, I'm sorry. I'd be in Dubai for my next legal conference"

"It's okay mom" Lisa smiles. And she means it.

"I'm used to it okay? And besides, Christmas is just another stupid day"

Clara giggles. "I know and I agree"

"Does that make me a good lawyer like you yet?"

Clara pretends to tap her chin with her long and cold forefinger. "I guess so but allow me to remind you young lady, that whatever you are, I'm so beyond proud of you"

"I know" Lisa looks at her mom. "And since you're going Solo again this Christmas, I assume you wouldn't go for a Christmas shopping?"

"I want to get Chaeng something" Lisa says. "But I don't know what to give her"

"Pause there young lady" Clara instructs dramatically as she pinches the bridge of her nose. "Don't embarassed me. You are a Manoban and every Manoban is born with irresistible face and their own personal charms; and I am here to assure you my baby; none of the Manoban is a failure when it comes to love"

"Mom, you're so cheesy"

"No, this is called the truth and you're calling it that because you're such a dick to not acknowledge that"

"Mom!" Lisa covers her face. "Your embarrasing me"

"Also" Clara says with a smirk. "Have you done it yet with this new girl? It's none of my business, I know but just wear protection okay? I don't doubt your bed skill; you can easily impregnate anyone that finds their ways to your sheet but I'm not that frickin old to be a grandma yet"

"Mom, has anyone told you that you're so blunt?"

"Many but I don't care"

"I know you wouldn't care" Lisa grins. "Sad, but I love you"

"I know. I love you too, kitten"

•••

vOtE and cOmMeNt ✊