48

Mason sits with Jisoo and Jennie while Clare is comforting a mourning Chaeyoung in the room.

He drops his head once in a while in his hands, mumbling inaudible stuff before retreating back and has his gaze on his eldest born.

"Have you gone to see her?"

He manages to ask without having his tears down his cheeks.

"We went to the hospital"

Jisoo explains.

"But the doctor said we couldn't claim her yet. I mean, there are procedures to endure and they'll give us a call after they are done"

"Good God" Mason sighs. "It felt surreal. I just met a few days ago"

"Dad" Jisoo talks. "I talked to her a few hours before she was shot" she stops, crying again as Jennie calms her down. "She sounded really fine and ..."

"Have you guys talked to Hyeri? Who's the culprit?"

"Dad" Jennie calms him down. "Relax. We have made a report and Hyeri said she'll confirm back with us and ..."

Jennie stops midsentenced when her phone rings.

"Yes, I am Jennie Kim, her eldest sister"

She mumbles before frowning. "What? You've got to be kidding me"

"What is it?" Mason and Jisoo ask simultaneously. But Jennie doesn't have a time to wait. Quickly, she walks to reach her little sister who is still finding comfort in their mother's hug.

"Chaeyoung, we need to talk"

"What?"

"Lisa"

The blonde cries again as she hears her wife's name.

"Someone has claimed her. She's not in the morgue anymore"

"WHAT?"

"Yes, the hospital dropped me a call to inform"

"No!" Chaeyoung yells in outrage. "They can't take my wife away. Mom, please" she pleads at her mom who also looked shocked as hell.

"Who are they?"

Clare asks and Jennie shrugs her shoulders. "But we gotta go there, mom"

"Yeah" Clare nods before looking at her youngest born. "Don't cry, Chae. I won't let them take Lisa away from you"

•••

"We are here for Lalisa Manoban" Jisoo says, Chaeyoung standing behind her with Mason and Clare while Jennie holds the brunette hand as she speaks to the nurse.

"I'm sorry, miss. But Ms. Manoban has been claimed by her family. And they have transported her body to nearest crematorium"

"What?" Chaeyoung asks again. "No fucking way. She's my wife! Why did you let someone take her away from me?"

"Chae..."

"No, I know the procedure okay. And you're totally breaching it. I'm her family. Her fucking wife for God's sake and who are you to let someone else to take her away from me?"

"Chaeyoung, calm down" Clare insists as she hugs her. "It's okay, we are gonna go there and find her okay? I assure you, I won't let them take her away"

"Mom, who do you think people are? How can they take Lisa away from Chaeyoung?"

Jennie asks as she wipes her tears.

"I don't know too, Jennie" Clare responds. "Whoever they are, they might be people of power and I don't like that very much"

••••

They arrive at that crematorium an hour later and very much surprise to see an urn with Lisa's name engraved on it.

Chaeyoung almost faints again but lucky her, Mason grabs her hand faster and guides her to the nearest stool.

"Who the fuck did this?"

Jisoo curses at the worker who attends her.

"WE DIDN'T EVEN GET TO SEE HER AND YOU ALREADY TURN HER INTO DUST?"

"Miss" the worker says. "We are very sorry but the family insists the body to be cremated quickly"

"Show me this fucking family" Clare says, crossing her hands together. "Because as far as I know, my daughter in law didn't have anyone in her life except us"

"Who are you?" Mr. Francis Manoban interrogates as he steps forward, looking all perfect in his dark suit.

"And why are you keep claiming yourself as Lisa's family?"

"Who the fuck are you?"

Chaeyoung asks with tears in her eyes. "Who the fuck are you?"

"I'm her dad" the man says. "Francis Manoban"

"No" Chaeyoung shakes her head. "You're not her dad. Her dad's dead"

"I'm not" Francis frowns. "I'm still alive and she's the one in the urn"

"Shut up" Mason urges. "You don't get to say anything about my daughter in law"

"Oh, so she's married?"

He laughs evilly. "God, Lili" he turns his head to stare at a figure that just arrives at the scene. "You don't even tell that"

••••••••••