Roots Before Branches

Jamey Outfit

Jesse Outfit

Jesse Outfit

Sebastian Outfit

Sebastian Outfit

The Schuester family was on their way to the train station for Jamey's train that leaves 4:25 to New York

The Schuester family was on their way to the train station for Jamey's train that leaves 4:25 to New York. The car ride was silent, no one said a word there was only the sound of the wind that was coming into the car. 

By The Train Station

Will stops the car and the family didn't move. "Jamey..." Will said making Jamey look at him. "If you need us, you are always welcome back home." Will said to him. "I know." Jamey said to him. "I still want you to do your best at school." Will said to him with a nod. "Will, he is going to miss his train." Emma said to him. "Right, sorry." Will said to her and the family exits the car and Jamey takes out his two bags.

Jamey
Hey, hey
So many things to do and say
But I can't seem to find my way
But I wanna know how

Jamey sings as the family walk to the station.

Jamey
I know I'm meant for something else
But first I gotta find myself
But I don't know how

The family walks to the platform and the glee club was there on the platform to say their farewells to Jamey before he boards the train.

Jamey (Kurt)
Oh, why (Oh) do I reach
(Oh) For the stars (Oh)
When I (Oh) don't have wings
(Oh) To carry (Oh) me that far?
(Oh, oh)
I gotta have

Jamey and Kurt
Roots before branches

Mercedes, Santana, Quinn, and Brittany walk over to Jamey and they give him a little group hug.

Jamey
To know who I am
Before

Jamey walks over to the others who were giving him a smile. Jamey gives Sam a hug who makes a sad smile knowing Jamey is leaving now.

Jamey and Kurt
I know who I wanna be
And faith to take chances

Jamey walks over to Blaine and the two boys share a hug.

Jamey
To live like I see

Jamey walks over to his parents and they three shares a hug making Jamey cry a little. Jesse and Sebastian were next and the three share a hug making everyone smile at them.

Jamey and Kurt
A place in this world for me
Oh oh

Jamey walks over to Kurt who was waiting to say goodbye. Jamey leans in for one long kiss before Jamey boards the train. The two pull away and Kurt kisses Jamey's cheek with a tear going down his face. "I love you, Jamey." Kurt said to him making Jamey smile at him. "I love you too." Jamey said to him and the two share a quick kiss. Jamey walks to the train still holding Kurt's hand. Jamey looks at Kurt and then down to see them still holding hands. Kurt lets go of Jamey's hand so he can leave. Jamey looks at Kurt with a little smile and he walks onto the train.

Jamey
Sometimes I don't wanna feel
And forget the pain is real
Put my head in the clouds

Jamey sings while walking to his seat.

Jamey
Oh, I start to run and then I fall
Thinkin' I can't get it all
Without my feet on the ground

Jamey takes his seat to see everyone waving at him with smiles on their faces.

Jamey
There's always a seed
Before there's a rose
The more that it rains
The more I will grow

The train starts moving and the club besides Will and Emma starts running after the train.

Jamey
Gotta have
Roots before branches

Jamey waves at them as his friends and siblings run after the train. 

Jamey
To know who I am
Before I
Know who I wanna be
And faith to take chances

Kurt starts running faster than everyone else and the two wave at each other one last time. The train becomes too fast to keep up with and Jamey isn't able to see Kurt and the others anymore.

Jamey
To live like I see
A place in this world for me
Oh oh

Jamey looks away from the window and he starts crying more when he can't see his lover, family, and friends anymore.

Jamey
Whatever comes
I know how to take it

Jamey sings while he walks into New York coming out of Grand Central Station.

Jamey
Learn to be strong
I won't have to fake it
Oh, you're understanding, oh

Jamey starts walking to the house he pays in New York.

Jamey
But we can come
And do what's best
Roaming north and south
East and west
But I'll still be standing
I'm standing
If I have

Roots before branches
To know who I am
Before I know who
I'm gonna be

And faith, oh, to take chances
To live like I see a
Place in this world

Jamey looks around him sees everyone doing their own thing in New York.

Jamey
Gotta have roots
Before branches

To know who I am
Before I
Know who I wanna be
And faith

Jamey walks into Endwell, Broome County. Jamey walks over to a white house with a few rooms making sure it was for his siblings and friends.

Jamey
To take chances
And live like I see a place
In this world
For me, oh oh

Jamey opens the front door to see everything was in a place like he asked. Jamey closes the door and puts his bags down. Jamey walks up the stairs to a room making it his room. Jamey opens his window and he looks at everyone walking past his home. 

Jamey
I gotta have roots before branches
Oh yeah

The song ends and Jamey looks up into the sky with a smile knowing his family and family will be doing their own thing while he was in New York making a living and going to school.