Not the Boy Next Door

At McKinley In The Auditorium

The New Directions arrive in the auditorium to watch Kurt and Jamey. Rachel walks over to them. "I get some news." Rachel said making the group look at her. "I got some last-minute intel about the NYADA adjudicator, and it's Carmen Tibideaux." Rachel said to them making everyone look at her not knowing who that is. "We are here for my brother and Kurt, not you." Sebastian said to her. "Yeah, bag off." Puck said to her. "Fine." Rachel said to them and she walks away as Carmen walks in with Will holding her bags.

Backstage

Kurt walks over to Jamey wearing gold pants and a black shirt. "Want some Throat Coat?" Kurt asks him. "I don't know what that is?" Jamey said to him. "It's to avoid last-minute irritation." Kurt said to him. "I'm good." Jamey said to him and Kurt takes some for himself. "Nervous?" Jamey asks him. "Rachel told me that Carmen Tibideaux is our NYADA adjudicator. I think I'm going to throw up." Kurt said to him while leaning on a table. "Hey." Jamey said while walking over to him and he put his hand on Kurt's cheek. "Everything will be right, you have to work on this number for a long time. I know you will be great." Jamey said to him making Kurt nod and the two share a kiss. "Kurt Hummel." Carmen said as the two pull apart. "You're going to be amazing. All right, I believe in you." Jamey said to him making Kurt nod and he walks to the stage while Jamey joins to others to watch him.

On Stage

"Hello. I'm Kurt Hummel, and I'll be performing Not the Boy Next Door from The Boy from Oz." Kurt said as Jamey joins the others as the band starts playing the song while Brittany, Tina, and Mercedes walks onto the stage.

Kurt
Comin' home used
To feel so good
I'm a stranger now in my neighborhood

Kurt sings making Jamey smile at him while everyone in the club was hoping that Kurt does well.

Kurt
I've seen the world
At a faster pace
And I'm comin' now
From a different place
Though I may look
The same way to you
Underneath there is
Somebody new

"Hell yeah." Puck said enjoying the song even if it just started.

Kurt
I am not the boy next door

Kurt sings while moving his body to the song.

Kurt
I don't belong like I did before
Nothin' ever seems
Like it used to be
You can have your dreams
But you can't have me

Kurt walks over to the piano and stands on it.

Kurt
Oh, I can't come back there anymore
'Cause I am not the boy next door
You've been savin' those souvenirs
Faded photographs
From our foolish years
We made plans
But they're wearin' thin
And they don't work out
'Cause I don't fit in

Kurt gets off of the piano and walks to the front.

Kurt
And those mem'ries
Will just weigh me down
'Cause I got no place
To keep 'em uptown

Kurt goes down on the floor making Jesse laugh a little. Kurt gets up again and stands up.

Kurt
I am not
(Brittany, Mercedes and Tina: do do) the boy next door
I don't belong
(Brittany, Mercedes and Tina: do do) like I did before
Nothin' ever seems like it used to be
You can have your dreams
But you can't have me
Oh, I can't go back there anymore
'Cause I am not the boy next door

Kurt dances around the stage while Jamey looks at Carmen who was writing something down.

Kurt (Brittany, Mercedes and Tina)
I'm not sorry for just bein' me
But if you'd look past the past you could see
That I am not
(You are not)
(The boy next door)
(You don't belong)

Kurt
Nothin' ever seems like it used to be
You can have your dreams
Oh, but you can't have me

Kurt with Brittany, Mercedes, and Tina
I can't go back there anymore
'Cause I am not
(Brittany, Mercedes, and Tina: You are not)
I am not
(Brittany, Mercedes, and Tina: You are not)
I am not the boy next door

Everyone claps for him but stops when they realize they need to be silent. "You know, Hugh Jackman won a Tony Award for playing Peter Allen." Carmen said making Kurt nod to her. "Hugh trained with me the summer I was in residence at the Sydney Opera House, and I'm certain that he would have been...as impressed with what you did with that song as I am." Carmen said making Jesse smile happy for Kurt. "A bold choice, young man. I congratulate you for taking such a risk today." Carmen said making Kurt look at Jamey who was smiling at him. "Thank you." Kurt said and he walks off the stage while Jamey leaves his's seat to go to Kurt. "YEAH, KURT!!" Finn yelled with a smile.