Whitney Tribute

At McKinley In The Choir Room

"It was written for Diana Ross." Mercedes said to Rachel while everyone watches them. "No, Mercedes, you are wrong, okay? The Bodyguard was originally written for Barbra Streisand." Rachel said to her. "Actually, Rachel, it was supposed to be Diana Ross and Steve McQueen, back in the '70s." Will said to her. "Thank you, Mr. Shue." Mercedes said to him as Will walks to the whiteboard. "I've been doing some research to prepare for this week's lesson." Will said to them and he writes down 'Whitney' on the whiteboard. "Oh, my God, yes. It's about time we did a Whitney tribute!" Rachel said happily. "I thought you were not singing only watching while we do cool things." Sebastian said to her. "I hate you." Rachel said to him. "Tell me something I don't know." Sebastian said to her. "Are we sure that's appropriate?" Sam asks Will about doing a 'Whitney'. "You did not just ask that." Mercedes said to him. "I just mean, didn't Whitney kind of have a lot of problems?" Sam asks them. "She had a hard life, Sam. And?" Mercedes asks him making Sam look away from her. "Look, this week isn't about passing judgment on Whitney. It's about celebrating her legacy, honoring her memory, her accomplishments." Will said to them. "Which I will happily list for you." Kurt said to him. "Not now." Jamey said to him. "But I also want you guys to use her songs to get underneath your own feelings. To express and explore what's really going on with you." Will said to them. "I don't get it, Mr. Shue. What's really going on with us?" Finn asks him. "Well, for most of you, these next few weeks will be your last here at McKinley." Will said to them making Jesse and Sebastian look at Jamey. "Lots of changes coming up, lots of...saying good-bye. To your friends, to your significant others, your family, to the last four years of your life. For a young person, all that transition can be overwhelming. So it's easier to focus on other things. Like not being able to say good-bye to Whitney Houston." Will said to them. "What are you talking about?" Santana asks him. "Santana, it's okay. I get it. You're hanging on to Whitney because it's difficult to handle the upheaval in your own lives." Will said to her. "We're hanging on to Whitney because she was incredible and we love her, so don't put your baggage on us." Santana said to him. "Guys, I know my dad is sometimes not good at telling us what to do. I think he wants us to do this lesson to celebrating her legacy, honoring her memory, her accomplishments." Jamey said to them. "And that is what we will do." Jesse said to them with a smile, Will smiles at his kids happy that one day they will be in the front giving the lessons.

After Glee Club By Jamey's Locker

Kurt walks over to Jamey who was putting his books away and taking out the other books he needs. "How thrilled am I for this week's assignment?" Kurt asks while walking over to Jamey. "I'm going to Between the Sheets to find music. I got to figure out what song I want to do. I could do "So Emotional," which was obviously written for me, or "One Moment in Time," which was also obviously written for me." Kurt said to him. "Well, you can't really go wrong." Jamey said to him while closing his locker. "I figured I could kill two birds with one stone. I could do one for the assignment this week, and then one for my NYADA audition." Kurt said making a plan. "You'll come with me, right?" Kurt asks him. "Yeah, I love to help you." Jamey said to him making Kurt smile. "What song are you doing?" Kurt asks him. "I think me and my brother will do a song together because it's our thing." Jamey said to him making Kurt nod. "Makes sense you two are very good." Kurt said to him making Jamey smile. "Yeah, maybe a little too good." Jamey said to him. "I see you after school." Kurt said to him and the two share a kiss. Kurt walks away from Jamey with a smile while Rachel was watching them making up a plan.