Chapter 26

Recap:"I was going to say a Netflix marathon, but that to!" She laughed.
We got ready, and just spent the rest of the day on Netflix. The next day we packed. It was rather uneventful. Ashley said goodbye to her friends. And once again I am left without a guy, and another friend leaving. We went home. I went back to my place. Felix would be out of the hospital in a week. Sean knocked on the door.
"Unless you brought food, you are no longer welcome in this home!" I yelled, jokingly at him through the door, as I opened it letting him in.
"I never properly asked you, but will you be my girlfriend?" He smiled and held out a flower. I actually had no idea what to say. I say no, and I am doomed to wait a million years for another guy to come. I say yes, and I'm not ready for a relationship. I am too wishful. But humans are programmed to always want more.
"Yes!" I said, not to enthusiastic. I am in college, studying law. I have a channel with over a million subscribers.
"Great! I am going to pick you up at eight!" He was blushing, and beaming.
"Sean, I have homework." I told him. It was true, I have to read/study for an exam next week. Our professor told us yesterday.
"Really?" He looked so disappointed. This is what it will be like, dating a law student.
"Yes, maybe some other time." I shut the door. I pulled out my phone and called Lily. She said she would be at my house in ten minutes. I just pulled out my highlighter, and opened my book. I am so glad Lily and I are taking the same classes.
"Study buddy?" She asked as I opened my door.
"Yeah, and Sean just asked me to be his girlfriend." I stuttered.
"What did you say?" She asked, setting down her books.
"Yes of course. But there is one thing." I stopped. "I felt something before the trip, but now, whatever that was. Is gone." I choked out the last part. She just opened her book and hugged me.
"You should tell him." She said.
"I don't know. That trip just made me realize that what is shoved in front of you shouldn't always be your first choice." I started to read and highlight in silence.
"Did you hear our next project?" She asked, looking up.
"No?" I eyed her.
"We're supposed to find a local case, and write a report. He said the best partners!" She paused after partners. "Will have a chance to receive a internship at his firm!" She said grabbing my shoulders. She was referring to Mr. Carter. I knew what local case we would take.