Chapter 9

Recap:I decided to stay in the hospital until Felix got better. Then I saw a familiar face. It was my dad.
My dad was a surgeon. If he had worked on Felix, he would know how bad the injuries where.
"Daddy!" I ran to him. He must of just finished his shift as he was out of his scrubs. I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the employee room. I knew the code. I've known it since I was 18, old enough to have my license, so that if I needed to give him a note I could put it in the break room. I punched in the code and brought him into the closet. No cameras. In our family we didn't have much patient confidentiality.
"Spill the beans. Were you here last night?" I asked grimly.
"Yes sweetie." He said it hushed so no one would hear. No one else was in here. The cameras were video only.
"Daddy did you take care of Felix Kjellberg?" I asked.
"Yes, it was bad, multiple stab wounds. We almost lost him twice. He flatlined." He told me the procedure, and my palms sweated.
"See you dad." We walked out, hugged and he went home to sleep probably. I went back to Felix's room. Most everyone was in the waiting room. They wouldn't let them stay in Felix's room, because it would be to stressful. I knocked.
"Come in." I opened the door and sat on the edge of the bed. When I found him on the floor he had already washed the cry mask off his face. I never realized how good his face looked.
"Is everything ok?" He asked. I had been staring, whoops.
"Yeah I guess. I hope you don't mind but my dad told me what happened last night." I said. He looked puzzled.
"What do you mean?" He really looked confused. Oh I forgot.
"My dad took care of you last night. Felix y-yo-you died." I almost burst out crying. He hugged me. "My dad is really good at what he does thank god." I sobbed. And he rubbed my back.
"I want you to know that all this is Mark's fault." He motioned around the room.
"I know." I was clinging to him. My head in his chest.
"Would that explain why he has a broken nose?" He asked. I laughed. I had no idea I had broken his nose. He deserved it though. I wonder if my dad did his surgery. If I had known I would had told my dad to purposely botch the surgery.
"Oh." I laughed. "Yeah I didn't mean that.... Or maybe I did?" I had a devilish grin.
"That's my girl." He smiled. My girl... That was new.