N.M - Surprise Family Visit

Can you make an imagine where Nate thinks you're trying to hook up with Johnson but you're actually planning a surprise for him? I also love your blog!

-- (Y/N's POV) --

"So is it all set? I can stop stressing now?" I sigh in relief, flipping onto my couch in mine and my boyfriend's shared apartment.

Johnson sinks down beside me, kicking his feet up onto the coffee table but I quickly shove them off, complaining about his dirty shoes and my precious coffee table. "Fine, I'm going," He laughs, reaching over to give me a friendly kiss on the cheek and a hug as he stands up. "So remember, leave the spare key under the welcome mat and have him out of here by noon which gives us enough time to set up and stuff." He reminds as I walk him to the front door, I wave him goodbye before showering and changing into pyjamas.

--

"Baby I thought you were coming to visit me in the studio today, what happened?" Nate asks as he closes the door and tosses his keys onto the coffee table.

"Oh uh sorry about that, Johnson and I were...hanging out?" I reply, trying to keep my cool.

"Hanging out?" He questions, his eyebrows furrowed, I nod and gulp nervously.

Nate is a smart guy, if he catches us out the whole surprise is ruined.

"Yeah we uh, we went for lunch." I tell him, I'm a terrible liar but I seem to be getting away with it.

"Of course," he mutters, kicking his shoes off angrily. "So you ditched me, your own boyfriend, to go hang out with my best friend? Oh because that doesn't sound suspicious at all Y/N." He sarcastically yells, I flinch. I hate lying to him, it gets him mad and worked up, but there's no way in hell that I'm ruining a months work on a surprise for him.

"What are you suggesting Nate?" I reply, watching him pace.

"That you're seeing him behind my back, if you are I want you to tell me right now," He demands, I can't help but giggle - he's blowing this way out of proportion. "What's so fucking funny Y/N?" I asks.

"Nate just calm down-"

"No, answer my damn question!" He yells back.

I sigh and shake my head. "No Nate, no I'm not cheating on you behind your back, I wouldn't do that you. Not after four years." I reply calmly, he sighs and rubs his forehead.

"Then why did you ditch me? Do you not like me no more?" He asks, I stand up and cup his face in my hands.

"Nate stop being so paranoid and insecure, I didn't ditch you I just forgot I had plans. I fucking love you Nate, remember that."

He sighs and pecks my lips. "Sorry, I just keep thinking you'll get bored of me one day-"

"And that one day is when pigs decide to fly, you're not getting rid of me Nate." I giggle, pressing my lips to his.

--

We wake up at near enough the same time and the nerves settle in. What if the guys mess it up? What if they can't find the spare key?

Nate and I up and ready so we can go out for lunch together. He keeps asking questions about why we're out because we never go out for lunch but I simply tell him it's a lunch date. We arrive back at the apartment, I feel like I can throw up due to my racking nerves but I pull it together and open the door to our apartment. I nod my head to Nate to walk in first and he does with furrowed eyebrows.

"Surprise!" His Mom, Dad, little brother and older sister yell along with all of our friends, old and new.

He walks into their arms and hugs them tight, happy to see his family after so many months without them. We moved out of Omaha for his career and he hasn't seen his family since we moved out, I know he's missed them like hell.

I smile at Johnson and Gilinsky, and Sammy, and they all smile and wink back at me. Nate catches up with his family, telling them about the song that made it high on the iTunes chart last week, before walking around his friends and quickly catching up with them too. He makes his way over to me at the dinner table, where all the food is laid out, with Johnson - thanking him for setting it all up and telling him about Nate's suspicions.

"Baby did you do this?" Nate asks, sitting me on his lap.

"With the help of the Jacks and Sammy." I smile, he cups my face and kisses me passionately.

"Well thank you all, especially you." He chuckles, poking the tip of my nose.

"So know you can relax about us seeing each other behind your back bro." Johnson laughs, patting Nate's shoulder.

"Whatever, she's mine and mine only." Nate replies, kissing my shoulder.