S.M - From Best Friends To Lovers

Something cute and fluffy.

-- (Y/N's POV) --

"You did great Shawn, I'm so proud of you!" I squeal as my best friend walks off the stage after his performance, slightly sweaty and smiling brightly.

"Thanks Y/N, I'm happy you're here," He brings me in for a hug, I wrap my arm around his torso and squeeze tight. "But there's one more thing I need to do." He states, I furrow my eyebrows and look up at him.

"Sure, what is it?" I smile, pulling away from him.

"Do you trust me?" He asks, looking me dead in the eye.

"What? Are you crazy? Of course I trust you." I giggle, furrowing my eyebrows at him and shove his arm a little. We've been friends, best friends, since 3rd grade; of course I trust him.

He doesn't reply, just grabs my arm lightly and drags me onto the stage, key word being dragged, he knows I have stage fright. Our freshman year play was a disaster because of me.

The crowd cheers as he reappears, but I can see the curious faces as they notice me. The fans know about us being best friends, they're nice to me but like always, there's hate. "Hey guys, you all know Y/N right? My best best best friend in the whole entire world?" He chuckles into the microphone he picked up on the way back into the stage.

The crowd cheers, but the odd few boo. "If you don't like her then I'm sorry but we have a problem, she's been here from the very start when nobody knew about my singing, she was the very very first person I ever sang to, she's special to me," he pauses to look back at me, my heart stops beating by the look in his eyes, he's never looked at me like that before. "I've loved her since the first day of 3rd grade, obviously like a friend but now, now it's more than that. She's so beautiful, she's funny, really sweet, caring and just the greatest girl I've ever met. So that being said, Y/N I guess now is the time to ask you to be my girlfriend?" He finishes his little speech, still staring at me as my lips part in shock and a heat rises up my neck to my cheeks.

Damn, what is this boy doing?

I've never looked at him that way before. Should I? Have I been too blinded by our friendship to notice the hints of him liking me? Shoot, what do I say?!

"I-I don't, I don't know wh-what to say."

I see the disappointment and rejection in his eyes, it breaks my heart so I quickly step close to him, forgetting the large crowd that are watching us. I turn us so his back is facing the front of the stage and press my lips to his, not having the confidence to do it where everybody can see me. His lips are so soft, so warm. I can't say I haven't imagined what his lips are like to kiss, it's definitely better than expected.

"Wait is that a yes?" He asks, the light returning in his shiny eyes as we pull away, resting his forehead on mine.

"Well, I wasn't expecting this but we can give us a try," I smile, the crowd cheer even louder than before, almost hurting my eardrums. "Yes Shawn, it would be an honour to be your girlfriend." I giggle, he spins me around in his arms and reconnects our lips for everybody to see.

But it didn't matter, we were happy and that's all that mattered.