/31/ Trying/

Louis didn't turn around, his figure was already disappearing deeper into the woods. Don't turn around. Don't walk back. Don't, he kept repeating, he felt like he was just going to get even more lost, but right now he'd prefer that to being near Harry.

"I said don't walk away from me," Harry's loud voice, crashed against the other wise calm forest. Louis had been so lost in his mantra he hadn't heard Harry following him. Now he was being pressed between a cool tree and Harry's warm body.

Louis looked up and met Harry's eyes, and suddenly he felt tired. Tired of this, tired of running away, why doesn't Harry listen?

"I should have believed those messages when I first got them," Louis mumbled.

Harry groaned, letting Louis go, shaking his head from side to side. "What can I do Lou? To let you know I'm being sincere. I'm done lying, you're right. I didn't give a damn about you at first, or really throughout whatever we had." Louis' chest tightened, and Harry stopped talking as the saddest look he ever saw cross Louis' face, and though he wasn't about to say it, he never wanted to see that look on Louis ever again. "But, I don't know what it is, but I can't stop thinking about you, I just can't. I thought you'd be like the rest, you'd leave and I wouldn't care but that's not true, I don't know what it is but I can't stop thinking about you." He continued, his voice softening. Louis blinked, not replying. "I know I'm selfish for wanting to keep you with me when I know I'm not good for you. Just trust me when I say I care for you in a way that scares me, because I've never felt like this with anyone else. Damn Lou, you're the only one I ever tried to be nice with. I know you still love me, and though I know I'm fucked up, I know I can love you too. Just give me another chance," Harry leaned down, his lips brushing over Louis' who was frozen in his spot.

"Another chance for you to hurt me? No thank you." Louis told him softly.

"Damn it Louis, fucking listen to what I'm saying." Harry shouted.

"I did though." Louis replied, his voice trembling. "Now, I want to go home, can I call Niall please?" He was being agonizingly calm in this situation, and Harry hated him for that.

"You're not denying that you still love me," Harry shot back, not willing to let Louis walk away from him.

"What do you want me to say Harry? That I do love you? God, what else can I say? Of course I fucking love you, but you've done enough shit with hurting me. I'm stupid for loving a guy like you but I'm not mentally fucked up that badly to want to get back together with you. Not after what you did. I meant what I said, I survived before I met you. I can survive after. Just please, I need to call Niall,"

His words broke at the end of his statement, and he turned away, not before Harry caught sight of a stray tear falling down his cheek. And that stung, it really did.

Wordlessly he pulled out his cellphone, wiping his other hand across his forehead, pushing back his stray curls.

•Louis•

It hurts

It hurts so much

Why does it hurt?

Why didn't he just leave me alone?

Don't believe him. He only wants to hurt you.

He handed over his phone, and his hand brushed over mine. An electric feeling passed through our fingertips and I quickly drew back, clutching the phone in my hand.

He watched me as I walked away. I dialed Niall's number, and he answered at the final ring.

"The hell do you want Styles? I still can't fucking find him, if something's happened to him I swear you're gonna be the one to pay. Fuc-"