21. Crossing My Heart

"Jungkook? Are you even listening to me?" Jimin waved his tiny hand in front of the younger as Jungkook watched him with a fully confused face.

"Jimin?"

"Yea, do I look like someone else?"

The blond rolled his eyes as he took his seat opposite of the raven head as Jimin pushed the used plate aside. He didn't wait for Jungkook to offer him the pancakes as Jimin poured a whole load of maple syrup on top of the remaining pancakes and eat it with his hands.

"Ew gross." Jungkook scrunched his nose as he watched Jimin devouring the pancakes scrumptiously.

"I dwont cawe." Jimin said with a mouthful as he continued his breakfast while Jungkook chuckled it off, started to clean the table while the blond stayed unbothered.

"Where were you last night?" Jungkook was running the dishes under the tap water as he turned back to question the older who was almost done inhaling his breakfast.

"At a friend's." Jimin replied nonchalantly as he washed his throat down with a glass of water he found on the table.

Jungkook finished the dishes as he wiped his hands on the kitchen cloth which was hanging over his right shoulder. "But you don't have any friends over here in NYC whom you can stay over with though. Tell me Park, is it a date?" Jungkook wiggled his eyes playfully at the blond who puked his water out from his mouth.

"What the fuck Kook?"

"Tell me. I won't judge. NYC is known for its heat and flair anyway."

"It wasn't a date. I was out with someone and had a drinking night. I didn't wanna come back drunk or walk on the street all alone so my friend offered me to stay over. Simple. End of the story." Jimin replied as honestly as he could without turning any other shade than his original skin colour.

"Whatever you say Park." Jungkook saluted his close friend and asked him to clean up after himself before retrieving back to his bedroom.

The day has just started but the raven head was ready to swamp himself with all the work he had pending apart from the VANTE project. Jungkook knows that if he were to spend his time to produce an absolute best for Taehyung's expansion then he has to ensure his managerial work back in Sydney and Seoul is not affected at all.

After all, Jungkook is still their Director in charge and he can't afford to slack his time while he leads the project.

"Are you seriously gonna work right now Jungkook?" Jimin barged into the younger's room and deadpanned the raven head who was already scrolling through his emails.

"Yea."

"For God sake Jungkook, it's a Sunday!"

"So? Work is work Jimin."

"Whatever, I'm gonna take a nap and I will be out in a couple of hours. Don't wait up."

Jungkook raised his hand over his head and showed a thumbs up hoping Jimin would see it as he heard the footsteps growing distance.

"Nice Gucci shirt, by the way, didn't know you're someone who is into Gucci. Perhaps you want to drop it in the basket than sprawl it on the floor."

Shit! That's not mine. I never used Gucci.

Jungkook's soul elevated to heaven for a split second and reattached to his body when he notices Jimin's comment on the shirt. It was Taehyung's. The silver head was wearing a Gucci shirt as his casual outfit when he visited the apartment. Jungkook must have forgotten to clean up thoroughly leaving behind his shameful evidence.