25. Running In Circles

"I heard you're leaving."

Jungkook's feet came into a halting stop when he heard the voice of the man he wanted to avoid at all cost. Slowly, he turned back to face the male who called him out. Jungkook didn't want to be questioned as he knows it'll be difficult to avoid a confrontation from this man.

"Morning Mr Kim."

"Come on Jungkook, what's with all these formalities?" Namjoon chuckled.

"Urm, coz we are at the office?" Jungkook looked around the hustle bustles of people working around the Gardler HQ.

"Still. You can drop the formalities Jungkook. Besides, I'm not that much older than you." Namjoon extended his arms forward, asking Jungkook to lead the way.

The raven head smiled politely as he leads Namjoon to his temporary office here in the Gardler HQ. "Come on in." He opened the glass door and stepped aside for the older male to step in.

"Thank you. Nice office. I have always envied Gardler's office space. It's so aesthetically pleasing and vibrant that I wish I work here instead of VANTE." The blue head makes a joke as he took a seat opposite of Jungkook who seats on his swivel chair behind the teakwood table.

"Indeed. Hoseok is a man of wonders. He customized every single nook and corner of this office space. Although I must say Gardler HQ is like no other."

"That's right, I heard you designed the office layout for Sydney and Seoul. Hoseok showed me a couple of pictures, I must say it looked amazing too."

"Hoseok showed it to you?" Jungkook was surprised, to say the least. He was feeling very down to earth with all the compliments that Hoseok has been shipping his way since the day he joined Gardler. It's like Hoseok is a man who never gets tired of spreading positivity and good vibes.

"Yep. He made sure we all know how talented and amazing you are. If only he is not a straight man, people would have assumed he has some hots for you. I'm glad you're single though."

"You're glad I'm what?" Jungkook's brows scrunched in confusion.

"That you're single?"

"Right, I forgot we briefly had this chat before. So, anyway, how may I help you Joon?" Jungkook didn't even want to dive into his relationship topic right now after having a hell of a morning explaining to Hoseok on why he needs to fly back to Sydney.

After much debate and convincing, Hoseok reluctantly let Jungkook fly back to Sydney. The copper head made another ruckus when he found out that Jungkook went ahead to reserve a flight ticket back to Sydney the next morning, which is tomorrow.

"I wanted to stop by to meet Hoseok and ask him to have a chat on business when I heard him grumbling about how he will miss you in the team as you're planning to fly back tomorrow. Isn't that a bit too cruel to leave your boss and Jimin here?" Namjoon made a very saddening face which humoured Jungkook.

"Stop making me look like I am torturing them. I am not." Jungkook laughed out loud as Namjoon followed suit. It is always a good time for Jungkook whenever he chats with Namjoon. He surely sees the older as someone to admire as a role model.

"I will be back when Hoseok needs me here."

"What about the VANTE project?"

"Jimin is staying back. For some reason, I think he found a solid purpose to stay put and I have yet to find out why. Besides, Hoseok will keep an eye on everything. I will still spearhead the project, just a little remotely."

Jungkook went ahead to explain how he can't afford to leave his team unattended physically back in Sydney and Seoul as it will be unfair for them.