6. Traces Of The Past

Time was ticking and the raven head stayed awake. Nothing, absolutely nothing was good enough to distract his mind from the sight he caught at Mercury.

How twisted can the destiny be in entwining their strings of fate together? After 8 years, is it still possible to so unlucky that you're drawn to meet the one person whom you've vow to not come across ever again?

Jungkook was frustrated and driven to the edge with each passing second. He tossed and turned in his warm bed without the ability to fall asleep.

He didn't cry nor did he break down. The raven head is so done with acting as such. 20 years old Jungkook might've broken down and cry at the mere sight of the silver head but not the 28 years old Jungkook who knew better.

"Argh! I hate my fate!"

That was the last complaint reaching the dawn as Jungkook's mind and body gave up in exhaustion as the raven head fell asleep without his own accord. It wasn't until the evening that the raven head was stirring awake again.

The rest day for Jungkook went by in a swift as the raven head male was bundled up in the comfort of his blanket and never left his room apart from the need for toilet and food. Jimin on the other hand has accustomed to the city life in a day as he willingly went exploring on his own without the supervision of the raven head.

Things looked like it was flourishing well in the raven head's universe once again. Although the flash memories of having a certain silver head's image imprinted in his mind, Jungkook wanted to have the conviction that he will never be unlucky twice in a row to meet the man he despises in a city packed with people.

Guess his rotten luck will come in pretty evident as the day for the official business meeting draws nearer than expected. What seems like an exciting opportunity for the raven head is going to be the devil's luck as he steps his feet into the office space at New York Plaza District, the home of the devil himself.

"Ah, the marble floor feels so different. Isn't it Kook?"

Jimin was gawking at the interior and did a 360-degree turn to take in the awe. Both the buddies were excited to the core waking up this morning about finally embarking on the journey to work on one of the most prestige project out there in the decade.

"It is, but this is a unit they have in the plaza, I guess we will be building an entire building owned by the Vante in Sydney and Seoul. We have to do a fucking good job Jimin."

"Oh, you bet we will do better than these marble floors. Although I might work on some inspiration from here as well. Hey, how about the fountain in the middle of the reception? Too much? Do we need like a bonsai or something? I heard the cousin Kim is a plant lover. Also-...."

"Jimin. Laters ok? We need to first meet the Vante boss and survive the meeting. I'm so nervous right now, not gonna lie."

The raven head was clutching his briefcase in one hand and iPad in another which he diligently used to run over some ideas and notes from his past projects which might interest the boss whom he has yet to meet.

"I think you'll do fine Jungkook. Mr Kim can be quite an ordeal but he looked somewhat sensible to me" The blond shrugged off the raven head's worry aside.

"Well, thanks for the tip but it didn't convince me Jimin. By the way, aren't we suppose to meet Hoseok here?" Jungkook looked around the reception and found no sign of their copper head boss.

"Hobi will be here in 10 mins, he said to meet Jin when we arrive at the office. I guess we can ask the lady at the reception for Jin?"

Jungkook nodded. He checked the time and saw it was 10 minutes to 9 am before their set time for the meeting. Swiftly, he made his way to the middle-aged lady at the counter and greeted her politely.