18. One Night Bliss

After an episode of enslaved into the downpour of uncontrollable tears, Jungkook was sniffling softly feeling the weariness of his body taking over his mind.

"I'm s-such a u-useless person..."

Jungkook was beaten and he couldn't convince his mind to label himself anything positive.

"Taehyungie was right, I'm just like a little kid. I always mess things up and can't have my stand on anything." He clenched his shirt over the area of his heart as he neatly placed his clean cloth away courtesy of the older's generosity in doing the laundry.

The raven head picked a few pieces of tissues and dried his tears while he made his way silently to the kitchen, avoiding any unnecessary sound to wake the older up. The last thing Jungkook needs right now is a confrontation with Taehyung in a dishevelled state. No thanks.

As Jungkook was freshening up by the kitchen sink by splashing ice-cold water to his face, his cellphone rang loudly indicating another incoming call. The raven head dragged his feet across the carpeted floor as he went on to answer the call from Jimin.

"Hello Kook?"

"Hmm yea?"

"Are you back at home buddy?"

"Yea."

"Sweet, did you perhaps found Mr Kim in the house? He kind of walked in when I was about to leave and he-..."

"Yes I did."

"Ok cool. So listen, I will be staying with a friend today and probably won't be back till tomorrow I don't know what time. Can you manage yourself?"

Jungkook stayed unbothered for a millisecond before he blinked his eyes taking in what did Jimin said. "You're not coming back?"

"Yea, I wanted to have some chilled out time and I met a friend so yea..."

"Ok but Mr Kim-..."

"Listen Kook, I gotta go, take care buddy. You can have the leftovers in the fridge and reheat them or cook something alright? Bye buddy. See you tomorrow."

"Hello? Jimin? Jiminie? Hello?" Jungkook growled. Jimin is pulling a Jimin act on him again. Very conveniently leaving him all alone to spend some time with a friend he just met. The raven head can't grumble much as Jimin is a man on his own, there is no way Jungkook can put him in a leash or control what a 30 years old man can and cannot do.

He just thought having Jimin around probably will ease some tension in case Taehyung wake up and start to be a brat again.

"God! You just hate me don't you?" Jungkook looked up at the ceiling as he cursed his fate.

"No, I think he doesn't and I don't either."

"Oh gosh!" Jungkook turned around and was shocked to see the silver head popping by the hallway as Taehyung leaned on the sidewall, looking better than before.

"You scared me."

"Mhm, I can do so many other things as well bun."

Jungkook was lost for words for a good minute as his eyes scanned the evil's face while Taehyung looked like nothing happened a few moments ago. Save to say it was about a couple of hours later, which means Taehyung had a peaceful nap for two hours while Jungkook bawled his eyes out.

"You look better."

"Thanks to you."

"No mention."