26. First Class To The Past

"When you said you're willing to share me the pieces of truth, may I know how willing are you to do so?"

Jungkook was stirring his iced black coffee with the bamboo straw. He chose to drop back into none other than the Brother's Cafe where Namjoon decided to meet him for the first time.

"You may ask me anything and I will tell you without hiding or sugarcoating. How does that sound?"

"Perfect."

The raven head doesn't know why he is so desperate to find out what happened. He wanted to ensure he knows every single corner of the story he missed. Maybe Jimin was right after all. When Jungkook chose to walk away, he lost the side of the story which could have made him stay. Although it's all on hindsight, Jungkook's wishful thinking and hopeful heart wanted something positive out of this chat.

"Carry on. I can sense you're itching to shoot me with questions." Namjoon sipped on his hot coffee and waited for the younger to release his canons.

"First of all, why are you doing this for me?" The younger wondered. Jungkook started to wonder about Namjoon's intention the second the blue head revealed his intention in striking a conversation with Jungkook at the office.

"I have known you for years Jungkook. Although not in person, I know you through Taehyung. I saw you through him. All the stories and information he would share to me about you helped me to recognize your perks and habits much faster when we met."

"Right." Jungkook awkwardly lifted his cup of iced coffee thinking back to the first day where Namjoon bought him his favourite drink even without asking Jungkook about it.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to lie at many places where you caught me slipping. I just thought it's not the right time to reveal how I know about you."

"Why do you think now is the right time Namjoon? It's been 8 years and I have moved on."

"No, you haven't. The fact you're rushing back to Sydney, the very fact that you're here with me right now trying to find out what happened all these years didn't seem to me like you've moved on."

The reality check and truth slaps harder than any other, doesn't it?

Jungkook remained silent. Is it wise to admit to Namjoon who is the cousin of the devil himself about how he still longs for the warmth of the silver head? Does Namjoon know what happened recently?

"I want to start my questioning." Jungkook decided to divert the topic. Namjoon smiled knowing that the younger was slipping away but chose to ignore it as he wanted to ensure that Jungkook is comfortable with him.

"Why is Taehyung behaving like a stranger with me?"

Namjoon sipped on his coffee and gently placed the cup on the table before resting both his elbows on the wooden piece, body leaning forward towards the raven head. "You notice Taehyung is not able to recognize you?"

"Jungkook, are you aware of what is a retrograde amnesia?"

The raven head felt a crack in his heart. Can it be? Does it mean? It can't be. What potentially could have been the cause?

Shakily, Jungkook managed to draw a single word answer. "Y-yea."

"You want to know why Taehyung can't seem to remember you or perhaps showing signs of knowing you aside from some bits and pieces?"

"Coz he has amnesia." Jungkook's eyes dropped to the wooden table as he eyes trembled in tears. He wasn't expecting this to be the reason.

"Wrong, Taehyung is not suffering from retrograde amnesia. But something similar. Taehyung is suffering from Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome."