12. Heaven To My Eyes

"Not again."

It was a broken mantra for our raven head boy who started hyperventilating with the thought about drastically confronting his first love. Taehyung seems like he is out there to pawn something out of the younger male.

"No Jungkook, you can never expose that you're the same Jungkook who used to be with him 8 years ago. Never. Judy and the baby don't deserve this."

Jungkook clenched his shirt tighter, trying to relax his breathing into a steadier wave.

"I got this."

The raven head's only assurance is his shaky breathe and unsteady hand. Once again Jungkook convinced himself before running the tap water to freshen his face. Jungkook didn't realize the time he spent away in the bathroom as his raging emotion took a heap of time to calm itself down.

On the outside, Taehyung knew that the raven head is stalling his time as he heard no other noises inside the bathroom apart from the tap water running after about 25 minutes from the second Jungkook went inside. In this time-lapse, Taehyung managed to clear the plates to the dishwasher and took his seat at the living room. There is no way he is going to let the boy escape without answers to his questions.

Jungkook's bravery was short-lived when he returned to the dining and found the table emptied. Where is he? He searched for the silver head in the kitchen but didn't find the man he was looking for.

"Mr K-Kim? Mr Kim?"

The raven head looked around the kitchen and the dining room missing the corner spot at the living where Taehyung was seating in a black velvet chair near the window, waiting for his man. He was majestically sitting under a long lamp which was shinning its spotlight right at him.

"Mr Kim where are you-..." It didn't take long for Jungkook to find the man at the centre of the light, taking in his full glory. His dark look and silver head was a deadly combo as he was already staring into Jungkook while the younger moved closer to the living space.

"Mr Kim, I assume the dinner is over. Do you mind if I take my leave?"

"Sit."

"Mr Kim I understand you want to have a chat but it's getting late and I have work-..."

"It's the weekend tomorrow."

Jungkook paused momentarily. "Yea...but I still have to work on your project and there is a lot of-..."

"I know the process Jungkook. I'm not the boss for no reason. I know that right now you guys are waiting for the price quotation for the raw material and the team is scrutinizing the final floor plans so you have about a week to spare before they need you in the office again. Am I right or am I right?"

The raven head has no come back. Indeed, Taehyung was right. Jungkook is under no obligation to rush his work as the management team need to settle some mandatory tasks before it turns back to Jungkook's plate for him to complete his work.

"Sit."

Jungkook's body was attuned to the command like his strings of muscles were compelled to the young tycoon's words.

"Now, where were we? Ah, care to explain why you're behaving like an ass to me while I have no clue what you're blabbering most of the time? You lied didn't you when you said you didn't know me beforehand?"

If there is a way someone can bury the raven head alive then and there he will forever be grateful for them. The initial confidence and steadiness failed him tremendously when he was placed to judge under the darkening gaze of the silver head. There isn't a corner or a nock which Jungkook can hide to save his ass.