27. Merry In You

"Gone. She is gone."

"Why would she leave Tae all alone? They have children together for God sake-..."

"Jungkook. Judy is dead."

The raven head was hit with a pause both in his brain and in his heart. This was not the explanation he anticipated to roll out from the older. "She is..." He couldn't even finish the sentence.

"Yes Jungkook, Judy is no longer alive. She passed away when she gave birth to Luna. A beautiful baby girl."

"Luna." Jungkook whispered the name and waited until it sinks into his mind. "Where is she now?"

"Luna is in Spain. With her maternal grandparents. Taehyung visits her whenever she calls for him. There was never one instance in which Taehyung has ever missed the phone call from Luna and never flies to her immediately."

"So when Taehyung left urgently after the phone call in the meeting, it was from Luna?"

Namjoon nodded at the younger. "Whenever someone addresses a phone call to Taehyung as an important phone call, it has to be Luna. Luna is the only one who has the liberty to interrupt Taehyung in a meeting without unleashing him into a beast mode."

Jungkook smiled weakly when he heard how loving the man is towards his daughter. It warmed the raven head's racing heart and pinched it with agony when he can't be on the receiving end as well.

"Thank you so much Joon, you have explained so much to me. I appreciate it."

"Jungkook, you don't have to be formal with me, you know this. In one way or another, I am also a brother to you Jungkook. Although you're not with Tae anymore, I have considered you as my brother since the day I heard about you."

"So, this is like a delayed bonding huh?" Jungkook chuckled lightly trying to lift the mode which undoubtedly turned sombre along with the topic of their discussion.

"You can say so buddy. I am always here as a friend, a guide or even a brother for you Jungkook. You're someone dear to me right now. Not to sound creepy but I wish you well and hope we can be good friends for a long time."

"I give you my word Joon, this won't be the last coffee I make you spend on me."

"Are you still planning to go back to Sydney?"

"Namjoon, this chat won't change the fact of how I feel at the moment and my reason for returning to my home. I'm really confused right now and I think I need to have some space for myself."

"Does your confusion equals to you're considering to forgive Tae by any chance?"

Jungkook paused for a second when he noticed a glimmer of hope dancing in the brown orbs of the older.

"No. I didn't say that Joon. Whatever you informed me is enough to answer many of my questions over the years. Taehyung can't even recall who I am. He doesn't know what have we been through and how much I loved him. I don't think so someone in that condition needs my forgiveness. We are strangers right now."

The raven head knows one thing for sure. There isn't a space for him in Taehyung's life. The sooner he agrees with his stubborn mind, the best it will be for him to recover from his broken heart. 8 years have passed and Jungkook finally needs to move on.

In the span of those 8 years, Jungkook has fooled around a couple of dates and limited his fucking to one or two in the period, but nothing excited him more than the time he spent with Taehyung. The silver head was truly someone who rocked his world upside down.

"You know Jungkook, someone needs to tell you that you're a terrible liar. I'm a terrible actor but I will pretend that I don't see you lying through your teeth on this."