39. The Risk Of Heartbreak

"Buddy, can I come in?" Jimin stood patiently outside the ravenette's room knocking it once, twice. He stayed for a minute to receive no response from the younger who caged himself up since he walked into it, leaving Taehyung alone with Jimin.

.

Earlier

"I think it's for the best if you leave him alone Mr Kim. He clearly stated he doesn't want to talk to you." Jimin stood as a guard blocking Taehyung's view as Jungkook retrieve to his room.

"Why are you always coming in between us?" Taehyung didn't mean any harm but it sure sounded like he was being an arrogant ass again.

"Well, he is my best friend. Almost like my real brother, and for the record, I don't ditch people who are close to me under any circumstances. So, thank you, next please."

Taehyung scoffed at Jimin. The silver head chuckled bitterly as he pushed his tongue against the wall of his lower lip and bite it harshly showing the anger he couldn't manifest on Jimin.

"You think I had a choice Jimin? You think on my own will I fuck with a girl, have my boyfriend leaving me, losing my sanity and being told I was a father of an unborn child? I trained myself to love Luna for I can't reciprocate Judy's feeling and still vow to take care of the child who had no parents. I'm not claiming righteous over me but I would appreciate if you guys don't continue to throw the shit at me!"

Taehyung was panting at the end of his sentence. He was mentally and physically tired of fighting a battle he picked at the tender age of 22 and harvest the consequences eight years later down the road.

"Just like how you think it's easier to label me as the bad guy here, I guess it was easy for me to choose my way out by protecting the baby and sealing a promise with a dying mother that I will protect the child and give her my name. So yea, sorry for being thoughtful about a child's future who is not even my own and losing the one I love."

The silver head's eyes betrayed him at that very moment showing his vulnerability, putting it on a full display for Jimin. The blond who was witnessing Taehyung's outbreak remained silent as he has nothing to say.

"I fucking loved Jungkook ok? I know I did. When I met Judy after my condition I knew something deep inside my heart that I was suffering and aching for the lost love. If you think Jungkook suffered by being cheated, then I suffered by losing someone I can't even fucking remember."

Taehyung wiped his tears with the back of his hand aggressively hating how easily he can vent out with Jimin, be it good or bad. Something about the blond male compelled Taehyung to be vulnerable although he wasn't in the best of terms with the shorter male.

"I don't fucking care what you all think of me. I can survive my own and mind you Jimin, Kim Taehyung never loses what is his." Taehyung subtly looked past Jimin's frame to the direction of Jungkook's room imprinting the younger's vulnerable and needy image on his mind. That is the Jungkook which Taehyung missed the most, the Jungkook that wanted to be his, the Jungkook that wanted his touch.

"You just did. You lost Jungkook."

"Fuck off."

With that, Taehyung turned towards the door and left brushing past the crowd who was waiting for him despite the turmoil.

"I guess I probably need to cancel his room booking then." Hoseok said as they watched Taehyung ran down the emergency stairs, unbothered to even wait for the elevator.

"Let him be. He needs some time. Sydney is nothing new to Taehyung, he won't be lost." Namjoon assured Hoseok who had a worried look on his face.