46. Just Like A Bambi

"Jungkook?"

"Fuck, give me a sec." Taehyung quickly turned around to slid the loose white shirt down his body as he was freshly out of the shower. Certainly, he was not expecting to have Jungkook walking on him half-naked.

"S-sorry..."

"Isokay." The silver head shrugged it off as he turned around once he was decent to look at. "How can I help you?"

Hate.

Jungkook hated the formality and cautiousness in Taehyung's voice.

"I was looking for Namjoon."

"Then you should look for him in his room."

"Am I not in his room?"

"This is my room Jungkook. His is on the ground floor, the hallway after on the opposite end of the dining. He has a mini house attached for himself."

"So Namjoon doesn't stay here? You do."

"Mhm." Taehyung looked at the younger with a lacing furrow on his brows.

"Did you save me from drowning last night?"

The silver head's breathe halted. He was ceased to stop existing when the ravenette questioned his action. Taehyung did not want to reveal it to Jungkook for he doesn't want Jungkook to feel indebted to him by any means. Of coz the younger would have found out sooner than later. The very first mistake Taehyung did was to bring Jungkook back to his room. The silver head wasn't sure which room belonged to the younger. With the dire situation in hand, it felt more appropriate to bring Jungkook back to his room.

"Answer me Tae, you were here last night and you're the one who saved me isn't it? Namjoon can't swim to even save himself. How can he manage to save me? That's bizarre."

Jungkook watched the silver head sat quietly on the edge of the bed without anything to say. It has been a while since the raven head saw the look on Taehyung's face. A look of defeat. The young tycoon can be many things but surely not someone who portrays defeat on his face.

"Taehyung. I'm not mad at you, I just want to hear the truth." The raven head said softly as he approached the older who had his shoulders dropped lower with his gaze on the floor. Jungkook, however, maintained a noticeable distance to not overstep his boundaries with his ex-lover.

"Yes, I did."

"Then why did you hide it from me?"

"Coz I didn't want to aggravate you or Jimin any further. I know you wanted nothing to do with me. I can't bring it on you to feel indebted or worse, to feel disgusted by me touching you again."

There was a sharp stinging pain on Jungkook's chest and he didn't know it was enough to create a pool of tears at the corner of his eyes. Him walking to Taehyung's penthouse, to return with a heavy heart and clouded mind with Lucas. It was all getting too much for Jungkook as he spiralled down in his misery.

"Why would you think I would feel disgusted if you touch me Tae? You did that to save me."

Taehyung managed to support his head and gaze upwards to face the raven head who was standing with his hood over his head, looking almost like a young 20-year-old boy. With his fringe falling over his forehead, Jungkook surely looked years younger than he normally would with his hair swiped to the side, revealing his forehead.

This must be how he had looked when we dated. Adorable.

The corner of the silver head lips quivered but managed to pull a crooked smile as Jungkook scrunched his brows in wonder. "What is so funny?"