13. Midnight Mess

Taehyung knew he was unable to take his spilt words back when he saw the look in Jungkook's face. It was a mix of confusion with a slight tint of astonishment in it.

"You can stay the night here Jungkook. You don't look too well and I'm sorry for what happened." The older find no need to continue his bad boy facade as many unanswered questions are roaming in his head which he knows he won't be able to settle it tonight.

Tae knows better than to pressure the situation further as he felt truly horrible for making advances on Jungkook when the younger denied it.

"It's fine." Jungkook said weakly as he tried his best to compose himself. He didn't want to appear weak in front of Taehyung. Not now. Slowly, he steadied his feet and revealed his face from the comfort of the older's chest.

He didn't dare to raise his head. Jungkook wasn't about to get trapped in the older's luring gaze. The raven head did what he could do best, he slowly let go of the older's arms which he was holding for support and stood straight a few steps backwards.

"It's alright Mr Kim, I'm sorry too. And please, I hope you won't carry the night's discussion forward. It's all a misunderstanding." Jungkook nervously nibbled on his lower lip.

"Don't." Taehyung was quick to act. He closed their space which Jungkook distanced and harshly grabbed on the younger's chin. The silver head used his thumb to part open the younger's lower lip and grazed the surface of the soft pink flesh. "Don't do that bun, don't provoke me."

Jungkook was staring like a deer caught in the headlights. His teary eyes doubled in size while his breath glitched. Whatever self-control Jungkook had about not looking the eyes of the beast in the form of the silver head flew off the window.  The same shinning hazel orbs were the death of Jungkook many years ago and it still is.

Taehyung took the chance as he moved his head closer. Too close to the point his luscious lips are now ghosting the younger's soft pink lips.

"What the fuck are you doing to me bun?" The silver head pressed their foreheads together as he snaked his arms around the younger's waist, pulling him close against his own throbbing body.

"Can you just fucking listen to me and stay the night? I hate to see you leave like this. I promise. No questions will be asked tonight. Just stay here with me and rest."

The silver head can't control his protectiveness over the younger. The more Jungkook refuse, the crazier the urge grows in Taehyung to secure his presence around the raven head. If Taehyung could, he want to bring Jungkook to his room and lock him there.

A part of Taehyung's beating heart and messed up mind is feeling the fear of losing. Losing what? He has no clue. Taehyung just knows that letting Jungkook go right now will be the step one to digging his own grave of misery.

"O-okay."

Jungkook was surprised that he even manages to answer without crumbling like broken crackers in the arm of the man he loved. The younger felt a temporary relief when Taehyung mentioned to not ask any more question hereafter. Didn't Jungkook know that promises are meant to be broken anyway?

He will find out. Very soon.

Taehyung released his grip on the younger. The acceptance by the younger was like a huge flood of relief washing over his chaotic heart. "Thanks. I will show you the way to the spare room. You need to get some sleep."

The silver head ensured to guide Jungkook by holding his wrist, just in case if the younger plan to flee. We all know Jungkook is not five years old but still, Taehyung is not a man who risks chances.