48. Forgotten Romance

"Taehyung?"

"Taehyung?" Namjoon was walking into his kitchen to find the silver head with a mug of steaming hot coffee. The blue head male scrunched his brows in confusion. Taehyung doesn't drink coffee.

"Kim Taehyung!"

"Ouch." The burn from the hot liquid was enough to bring back Taehyung's sense when he got startled by the older's loud voice. "What the hell?" Taehyung sucked on his fingers which were burnt by the hot liquid as he dumps the mug on the sink. Not that he needed it anyway.

"I thought of having that coffee. Not today I guess."

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he went over to the refrigerator and took out a carton of apple juice.

"What up with you? Why are you holding a cup of coffee this morning and daydreaming far away?" The older looked at his cousin brother who was attempting to hide behind the tiny carton of apple juice. "Also, where the hell did you disappear to last night?"

Last night.

The mention of the night before caught Taehyung like a deer on a headlamp. His started to cough aggressively which scared Namjoon to the core. He almost thought he was going to catch Taehyung in a cardiac arrest.

"Slow down there tiger! Calm down." Namjoon soothes the back of the silver head as Taehyung let out a few milder cough as he calms down from the episode.

"I came back home."

"Weird. I didn't find Jungkook either. Did he perhaps-..."

"No. I don't know where was he." Taehyung separated himself from Namjoon as he took the box of apple juice to fill them in a cup.

Namjoon noticed the sly actions by Taehyung as he continued to skip his gazes and stayed quiet disturbing the utensils. The actions almost made Taehyung look guilty for something he did and is currently trying his level best to remain discrete.

"Taehyung."

"Huh?"

"Did something happen?"

"Nothing."

"Taehyung."

"What?"

"Are you hiding something?"

"No, I'm not. Stop making me look like a kid hiding the truth from stealing candy or something. It's annoying."

"Taehyung."

"Gosh Namjoon! Stop it, I didn't do anything. It's not that I was accidentally kissed by someone outside the club or something to be afraid of being caught red-handed. You're looking at me like I am guilty of something." The silver head chucked his juice and disposed of the cup to the sink.

"Did you?"

"What? No. I'm late for the office." Taehyung didn't wait as he zoomed out of the kitchen leaving a confused yet amused Namjoon behind. Since young, Taehyung has always had this habit of getting caught when he is truly guilty of something. The silver head can truly act to hide if he wants to, but on matters that are very personal to him, Taehyung is a lost cause.

"Morning Joonie."

"Oh hey Jungkook. Morning." Namjoon must have lost in his thoughts as the younger strolled to the kitchen, grabbing a mug of coffee from the machine. It was freshly brewed and tweaked to a portion which satisfies Jungkook's morning taste as the raven head allowed the first sip of the hot coffee to stir him awake.

"You're good with this." Jungkook raised his mug and smiled at the older.

"I did not make the coffee Jungkook."